RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED*****

4 posters

Go down

Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED*****

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-10-22, 10:43

SEE LAST POSTING

Last edited by Mark Barnes on 2015-12-09, 12:25; edited 2 times in total
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty Re: Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED*****

Post by Andy Sayle 2015-10-22, 15:26

I'm there! I better sort out something to fly too.

I've not got a BMFA handbook to, er, hand. WTF is a Roop?
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED***** Empty Re: Inter Club Funfly Event Tydesley MFC *****POSPONED*****

Post by Tim 2015-10-22, 16:22

Might be good idea for rdmfc entrants to have a chat soon about strategy and methods etc.
I mean I can easily drop an egg from a model but one presumes the aim is to not break it ?
Or is it bombing accuracy that we need ??
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-10-22, 20:20

Accracy is the egg drop

Roops are rolls and loops in 2 mins
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2015-10-22, 22:37

Ah I know those as Looolls...

Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by andy-kaz 2015-10-23, 16:54

im up for that. sounds like a laugh
andy-kaz
andy-kaz

RDMFC Bonus points : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-11-04, 12:21

More infor from the host club

Gents etc.

It is time for Paul Bardoe’s ill-conceived inter-club fun fly challenge once again. This time my own club Tyldesley are to host, and you are all welcome. As team ‘Leads’ or ‘associates’ please disseminate this info to your own club members.

The date is provisionally set as Sunday 13th December, but acknowledging the problems which go with hosting an event such as this so late in the year (weather, boggy fields, short daylight etc.) I propose a weather call is made on the Friday before.

The events are decided, but as one will be an Egg Drop, some preparation on your part will be required to determine exactly how you will go about dropping your egg. You may need to build and supply your own ‘device’.

A few ground rules. Eggs must be raw chicken eggs which you will provide. Our experiences running this comp before have determined that the egg should have a short (12”) streamer attached to aid visibility and location on the ground. The egg should be dropped from a height of around 100ft in a manner designed to land it nearest to the target point on the runway. This is NOT as easy as it sounds but does require little or no piloting skill, so we will all be fine. Nearest to the target wins.

The other events will be a Limbo, using our large club gate (about the width of the runway) and an aerobatic task called ROOPS from the BMFA fun fly rules. Roops=Rolls/Loops or something. Never done it myself so will have to read up also.

So different tasks bringing something different, aimed at undermining the domination of my own, simply superb, winning team.

Let’s keep the models fun fly types, or worse, too.

My club will provide refreshments, shelter, verbal derision and strippers FOC. None of the food will be halal, nut free, organic or green and I will be the stripper unless you pay me to stop or distract me with Bacon.

Details of site location etc. are on our club website at www.tmfc.org.uk

More info nearer the time.

Best regards

Andy Ellison

President. (Muh hah haaaaaaa)

Tyldesley MFC.
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-12-09, 09:53

Gents,

As im sure you all expected the funfly event have been posponed untill the new year due to the weather forcast. Can we please make sure everone knows.

TMFC will reshedule for the new year somtime.

Thansk

Mark
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-12-09, 10:21

Actual note from TMFC

Gents,
Faced with the reality of the situation, the abysmal weather forecast, the boggy flying site and subsequent reduction in parking space, our AGM last night decided to postpone the scheduled Inter Club do until sometime in the new year. I’m sure you were all watching the forecast and expecting it, so we thought we’d pull it early and let you know. Though it was muted that we let Bardoe find out once he’d turned up.
Do enjoy your Christmas and we’ll pick up where we left off in 2016.
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2015-12-09, 10:53

Got it ;-(
Just finished perfecting my egg dropping beast yesterday too.
Anyone for omelettes|?
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2015-12-09, 14:14

Bugger. I had a pass out for the day too.

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-12-09, 16:20

we can still go out for the day Andy Smile
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2015-12-09, 20:30

I better start the firmware updates then....
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down