RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged?

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 16:25

It has been reading 12v now for half an hour and it doesnt seem to be going up, should I take it off charge?
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty Re: At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged?

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:22

Im not very good ,but I would take it off charge.

Back to top Go down

At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Empty Re: At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged?

Post by Rich 2010-01-01, 17:24

It depends on what the battery is in the transmitter, take the battery cover off & look at the battery if it's the 1500 mAh NiMh then it's full at 12v after it's been on for a bit it should drop to about 11.6 -11.7 the low battery alarm should sound at 9.8 then recharge, if the alarm goes when your flying don't panic just land as soon as possible then recharge
Rich
Rich
Treasurer/Membership Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 5694

http://www.futaba-rc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:28

Its a 1500mah ni-mh 9.6v, My alarm went off at 8.9v while I was flying my vapor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:28

How are you charging the battery ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:29

Its also feeling a bit warm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:30

PDQ wrote:How are you charging the battery ?
Via a multi charger with the spectrum tx port thingy and a Rx pack charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:31

Sam Thomas wrote:Its also feeling a bit warm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:32

PDQ wrote:
Sam Thomas wrote:Its also feeling a bit warm
Via a trickle multi charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:34

What is the multicharger thingy ?
What current is it set to give ?

What is connected to the Receiver pack charger ?

Are they all one unit or several ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich 2010-01-01, 17:36

I wouldn't worry if your using the supplied charger, they are designed to only charge at a minimal rate say about 70-100mAh, all rechargable batteries get warm as long as it's not hot.

when the alarm sounds it's ready for charging, it should tell you the charge time in the handbook & sometimes it's on the label on the batteries.

The charger shows 100mA for both outputs so 1500mAh charged at 100mA = 15hours from flat to full

Last edited by Rich on 2010-01-01, 17:39; edited 3 times in total
Rich
Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2010-01-01, 17:36

So many questions Paul At what Voltage is the battery in the dx7 fully charged? Icon_question Is this the "New Year" inquisition?

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:39

Its now off charge now, and Im giving it a good clean after being in Daves grubby mitts! Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich 2010-01-01, 17:45

A slight change of subject briefly

Not wanting to get your money off you, you may want to get yourself joined to the club as soon as, this gives you not only the benefit of uninterupted viewing on the forum but you also get the all important 3 million pounds worth of indemnity insurance should you have the misfortune to hit & injure yourself or even worse someone else now that you have started flying.
Rich
Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 17:47

If you come along on sunday I will have it ready for you, if not you can have it on tuesday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich 2010-01-01, 17:48

thats fine Sam
Rich
Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 18:08

Ok Got it
SPEKTRUM DX5 DX6 & DX7 CHARGER

3 pin UK mains charger for spektrum transmitters and batteries
TX. 9.6V DC 100Ma (DX7)
Bat. 4.8V DC 100Ma (DX6i DX5 or 4.8 Rx battery)
off ebay

You can safely charge the flat 1500 mAH Tx battery in the DX7 at 150 mA via the Tx charging port for about 14 Hrs. Higher charging currents could damage the Tx.

Your charger (if it really does give out 100 mA) will need a bit more time.

The 8 cell 9.6 v NiMH, as Rich said will get to 12v (disconnected from the charger- by switching on Tx and wait 5 minutes) after a full charge.

In use, it will soon drop to 9.6 volt steady. The low bat warning comes at 8.5 -9.3 volts though sets do vary. It's only a guide. So use your loaf and expect to know when it should be getting empty. You have probably got half an hour even when the beeper goes. My older radio with 600mAH Tx battery gives me at least 2.5 hrs of use from a charge so you can expect a lot more from 1500 mAH in the Spectrum.

Sorry about all the questions
Brian's already started nit picking
Needed to understand the problem

Last edited by PDQ on 2010-01-01, 18:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added "soon")

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich 2010-01-01, 18:43

Nice to put the post back on track.

Not a nit pick by me Paul just basic Math 150mA X 14hrs = 2100mA the battery is only 1500mAh.

Sams charger is 100mA output max, therefore 100mA X 15hours = 1500mA "perfect from flat 0.9v/cell = 7.2v"

Did Dorethia (speling) like the engraved name palque?
Rich
Rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 20:48

Rich wrote:Nice to put the post back on track.

Not a nit pick by me Paul just basic Math 150mA X 14hrs = 2100mA the battery is only 1500mAh.
Since forever, "they", (who are these people they ?) , said charge for 14 hours. Something to do with efficiency of charging processes in 1968.

Sams charger is 100mA output max, therefore 100mA X 15hours = 1500mA "perfect from flat 0.9v/cell = 7.2v"
The battery is emptied until below the useable voltage for the transmitter. In that state the battery is no way flat. So even 15 hrs at 100 mA is too much. Same with radio mic transmitter batteries. They are binned when only just 1/2 empty simply because for that task the voltage is too low to be any use.

Did Dorethia (speling) like the engraved name palque?
Yes she was most impressed with your handywork making the plonque on the laser cutter and told me to say Thank You for your efforts making it. It is waiting until the Chrismas Tree has been put away. Then it will go on show for all to see ! I love you queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-01-01, 23:20

Of course, one should allow for inefficiencies in the charge sequence - as much as 20% in many cases, so allow a little more time to be sure its fully cooked. Do be aware though, that these crappy NiMhs that we are all being forced to use these days by the green lobby do NOT like being overcharged, and should never be anything more than slightly warm when charged /ing. A hot AA NiMh cell is a knackered cell.
TBH I recommend you use a "proper" peak detect style charger, programmed with the correct algorithm for NiMhs - this will then shut off the charge current when the cells peak.
Otherwise, keep a careful eye on the timer, especially if the batteery is not completely empty before the charge starts. NiCds did not suffer with this so much as the NiMhs.
One idea is to use a timeswitch on the power supply to the wall wart charger.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 23:23

Tim wrote:Of course, one should allow for inefficiencies in the charge sequence - as much as 20% in many cases, so allow a little more time to be sure its fully cooked. Do beware though that these crappy NiMhs that we are all being forced to use these days byt he green lobby do NOT like being overcharged, and should never be anything more than slightly warm when charged /ing.
TBH I recommend you use a "proper" peak detect style charger, programmed with the correct algorithm for NiMhs - this will then shut off the charge current when the cells peak.
Otherwise, keep a careful eye on the timer, especially if the batteery is not completely empty before the charge starts. One idea is to use a timeswitch on the power supply to the wall wart charger.
Well it only goes on charge while im in the house and Im constantly monitoring the pack to make sure all is good

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-01-01, 23:25

Yes but HOW are you monitoring it?
PS I plan to be at the ORME around 1PM or so, but ring me in the morning anyway as we discussed.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-01-01, 23:31

Tim wrote:Yes but HOW are you monitoring it?
PS I plan to be at the ORME around 1PM or so, but ring me in the morning anyway as we discussed.
By checking how warm the pack gets and checking the voltage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-01-01, 23:35

An 8 x cell Tx pack should show about 12V when full, maybe a tad higher, but you need to disconnect the charger before you measure it or it will read higher than actual.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum