RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
TV problems Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
TV problems Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
TV problems Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
TV problems Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
TV problems Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

TV problems

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TV problems Empty TV problems

Post by Guest 2009-11-22, 19:53

Does anyone know of a good tv arial company who can have a look at my set up.
Since the digital changeover on the 18th I have losy my digi signal (it was there before I went away for a few days) and I suspect the bad weather last week whilst I was away may have buggered the arial up. I am to long in the tooth to go up ladders Exclamation

DaveS

Back to top Go down

TV problems Empty Re: TV problems

Post by Guest 2009-11-22, 21:24

Dave, since Wednesday we have had the Llandonna transmitter for Digital.I had to retune ITV in on Wed.Actually getting a chap to look at aerial Monday let you know.The signal strength is not good we are along way from Ynys Mon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-22, 21:32

Hi John, up until Tuesday of last week I was getting all the group 1 stations BBCs 1 and 2 etc with no problem. When I got back Thursday I retuned looking for the group 2 channels ITV etc only to find I had lost the lot Crying or Very sad Group 1 came back briefly on Friday but has vanished again. I am wondering if the weather is causing problems at the Conwy transmitter which is a satelite of Llandona Question

Annoying to say the least

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-22, 23:01

had crap reception all week

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2009-11-23, 09:03

Sky has been fine Razz
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-11-23, 09:11

We have had to reset our freeview recorder back to the factory default settings, and then retune it. Only then did we get all the channels back, although some of them seem to be a bit blocky at times according to SWMBO. Not sure if it is weather related, or switchover related though....

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 09:40

Dave I've used the help line

08456 50 50 50 or teletext page 284

Last edited by johnoxleydean on 2009-11-23, 09:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional contact)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-11-23, 09:59

That is a genius idea for whoever thought of that "I know, we'll put the helpline information for people who can't get a good TV signal, on Teletext"!! heh heh Very Happy

Dave, if you do need someone to sort your aerial out, we had a huge amplified one fitted by some chaps last year. I'll dig out their details if you still need them?

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 10:11

I Use sky+ but have new digital tele with freeview so had a proper aerial fitted.
Liked the job done down the road so asked him.
Philcol Aerials www.philcolaerials.co.uk
3 Maes y Gog
Rhyl, LL18 4QA
01244 319152
He said
Aha for where you live you need high pole to view Winter Hill
Excellent job works well. Not blown away ...yet

I've been helping out several retired people in the area and they are all on different transmitters with various freeview boxes
Llandonna (Anglesey)is now complete (they say) but it is still got hickups and losing even BBC1 etc with no explanation.
Moel y Parc (serves most of Rhyl but invisible to Prestatyn) is still at stage 1 and changes to stage 2 (more power on ITV etc 250 watts > 20,000 watts) on 25 Nov. Then retune required again 2nd Dec.
Winter Hill (Bolton) serves all NW england and parts of North Wales
Good nearly complete now at stage 2 final tuning needed 2nd Dec

It is most important in each retune that in getting the correct new multiplexed channels, the freeview tuner is set to scan from as new condition and has to be made to abandon all previously tuned channels.
Even then, other weaker stations will be picked up and these should be deleted from the list you finish up with. The tuner, which is stupid, has no idea which is the correct one for you, but you might want to have "Welsh News" as well as "English" and let that one stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 10:30

David Sargent wrote:Hi John, up until Tuesday of last week I was getting all the group 1 stations BBCs 1 and 2 etc with no problem. When I got back Thursday I retuned looking for the group 2 channels ITV etc only to find I had lost the lot Crying or Very sad Group 1 came back briefly on Friday but has vanished again. I am wondering if the weather is causing problems at the Conwy transmitter which is a satelite of Llandona Question

Annoying to say the least

DaveS

have a look at http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SH583810

A major change to Llandonna channels occured
One of my pensioners is still able to use the existing aerial with the new changed channels. She has a direct view of Llandonna from near top of hill behind prestatyn
The message was
After Wednesday 18th November 2009
C43* C46* C50 C51 C53 C57 C60
The system has since been interrupted without explanation but the site does comment about "there will be interuptions for engineering work"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 12:43

well my aeriel engineer came at last this is the 7 th appoinment guess what ?his ladder is not long enough to get to the top of the roof.So waiting another engineer with a longer ladder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 13:03

Didn't he offer to help you move to a lower house ? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 13:05

Well up here at the back of Abergele I have no problems (he said smugly) and I've only got an aerial in the loft pointed at Winter Hill Smile . You may find this a useful site http://www.aerialsandtv.com/index.html cheers

Last edited by Andy Sayle on 2009-11-23, 14:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected link...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 13:59

Looks like the link does not work from this site. MARK, from the message I got I think you may have to do something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-11-23, 14:09

Try that one Allan, should work now Smile

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 14:22

Thanks Andy. BTW if you want a good laugh have a look at the 'Cowboys Locker' at the bottom of the sites menue. There's some cracking installations. Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-23, 14:57

Allan Warner wrote:Thanks Andy. BTW if you want a good laugh have a look at the 'Cowboys Locker' at the bottom of the sites menue. There's some cracking installations. Laughing Laughing
Great stuff there Allan. Amazing how wrong they got some of them...and they still worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-25, 11:52

Just got my TV arials sorted Very Happy Very Happy Problem was a masthead amp full of water. It had been fitted upside down amd water had got in through the cable exits. By the state of it I am surprised it worked at all . Now have more channels than I know what to do with Smile Smile

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-25, 12:13

Thats the end of any aeromodelling then Sad . If the nighttime X rated channels Evil or Very Mad dont get you then the daytime TV brain rot will affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-25, 13:44

Allen what are the nightime 10 rated channels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-25, 14:08

Personally, I don't rate any of them What a Face . But. I'm sure you know (bet you've had a peek Rolling Eyes ) I was refering to the naughty ones Wink .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-25, 15:12

thanks Allen usually in bed early anyway.I'm a good Chapel going sort of guy. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike S 2009-11-26, 16:24

In Rhuddlan we get our signal from Moel y Parc which went fully digital yesterday. The signal is now 20 times more powerful than before the switchover. At last we can get all the ITV channels without pixellating.
Mike S
Mike S
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 466

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-26, 17:01

Gosh I bet your happy Very Happy . No more going around with a long pointy nose, long pointy ears, long pointy shoes and a long pointy hat with a bell on the top Rolling Eyes . Still, I supose it was better than looking like a trol or a hobgoblin Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-26, 17:03

It's official, the Welsh pixy is extinct Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum