RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Can i use this as a flight pack?

Go down

Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty Can i use this as a flight pack?

Post by Guest 2009-10-21, 16:44

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=29695
I have 2 of these from my cars, can I use them in my plane as a flight pack or will i need a flat 4 AA pack that is used alot, Or is their something else i could use?
Has anyone had any experience with Li-po Rx packs and how long do they last compared to a ni-mh one with the same MAh
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Can i use this as a flight pack? Empty Re: Can i use this as a flight pack?

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-10-21, 17:02

Sam those 6V packs will be OK as flight packs. Some of us do use 7.4 V lipo flight packs but this usually entails the use of a voltage regulator of some type to bring the voltage down to acceptable levels for the R/X and servos. That said some of the latest R/X's and servos are now compatable with 7.4 Volts but at this time are very and I do mean very expensive Can i use this as a flight pack? Icon_wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-21, 17:08

Hiya mate,I also use this reciever pack in cars and it should work fine as long as your servos are ok at 6 volts.If you can post what servos you are using then we can figure out if they are rated at 6 volts.
I'm using lipo packs in my heli and they work great but you need to use a voltage regulator to drop the voltage down otherwise you will be putting up to 8.4 volts to the servos and there are not many servos that are rated for more than 6 volts.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-21, 17:10

Sorry Brian I posted the same post as you. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-21, 17:50

Mr Moff wrote:Hiya mate,I also use this reciever pack in cars and it should work fine as long as your servos are ok at 6 volts.If you can post what servos you are using then we can figure out if they are rated at 6 volts.
I'm using lipo packs in my heli and they work great but you need to use a voltage regulator to drop the voltage down otherwise you will be putting up to 8.4 volts to the servos and there are not many servos that are rated for more than 6 volts.
Danny.
They are all futaba s3003 servos, I have tested everything out and it all seems to be working ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down