RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
servo leads Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
servo leads Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
servo leads Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
servo leads Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
servo leads Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

servo leads

3 posters

Go down

servo leads Empty servo leads

Post by Guest 2008-12-09, 10:31

can JR servo leads(extension ones) be used on Futaba applications ,is it just the signal wire thats a different colour ? Question

Back to top Go down

servo leads Empty Re: servo leads

Post by Mark Barnes 2008-12-09, 13:03

yes John absoultly fine mate just differant colours

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2008-12-09, 21:13

Should be fine, as Miss Barnes says. One thing to watch out for, is that you plug the leads in the right way around. Futaba plugs have a little tag on one side to polarise them, whereas the JR plugs don't have the tag, but have chamfered edges on the plug.

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-16, 14:42

Also don't forget you cant use a Futaba/Hitec charger for a JR or Spektrum TX or vice versa. The polarity is reversed.

Back to top Go down

servo leads Empty micro servos

Post by Guest 2009-01-02, 03:39

Hey, i was just wandering do micro servos give less movement than regular ones, or are they all diffirent? Shocked
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-01-02, 09:54

Ifan Griffiths wrote:Hey, i was just wandering do micro servos give less movement than regular ones, or are they all diffirent? Shocked
Thanks

Generally they have the same centre pivot movement, however the servo arm is alot shorter which will not gives as much throw for the flying control surface (small traversing arc). Also in terms of "power output" a mini servo may not be upto the required power capacity (there are some mighty powerful ones) Rolling Eyes Mini servos are genenerally only for use on small light aircraft where power requirement is not important due to the forces on the flying surfaces being low. I do however run mini servos on auxiliaries (air valves) on lagre aircraft for example, as power is not importnant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-01-02, 10:19

Hi Ifan, nice to hear from you on here, Richard has already answered the question you posed so I won't double up on what he said just wanted to welcome you and ask how a young man from the wilds of Gwynedd has ended up on the Rhyl forum,. just curious that's all and please feel welcome, oh and by the way are you an aeromodeller ? Wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-01-02, 18:58

I was just lokking on the internet for any clubs in this area, and i found that this is the closest one to where i live. I am just starting the hobby and i am enjoying it, at the moment i only fly a 2 chanel plane but i got a 4ch at chrismas that didnt work so i had to send it back Sad .
Anyway ive looked at this site and some of the planes are amazing affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-01-02, 19:03

OK Ifan nice to hear from you, there is a club down in Porthmadog area I don't know whether that's any closer to you? Anyway good luck with the four channel job once you get it working Wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-01-02, 22:21

Ifan Griffiths wrote:I was just lokking on the internet for any clubs in this area, and i found that this is the closest one to where i live. I am just starting the hobby and i am enjoying it, at the moment i only fly a 2 chanel plane but i got a 4ch at chrismas that didnt work so i had to send it back Sad .

Welcolme along Ifan, If you have any trouble with your plane please feel free to post here and im sure either myself or one of our members will be more than please to help, also please keep an eye out for any events we have planed and be sure to pop over Very Happy

Regards
Mark
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-01-02, 22:29

Ifan Griffiths wrote:I was just lokking on the internet for any clubs in this area, and i found that this is the closest one to where i live. I am just starting the hobby and i am enjoying it, at the moment i only fly a 2 chanel plane but i got a 4ch at chrismas that didnt work so i had to send it back Sad .

Welcome indeed!

I'm not entirely sure whereabouts in Gwynedd you are based (Only been in Wales for 5 years myself, and I'm terrible at directions!), but if you need any help setting your new models up, or want any advice, then feel free to shout on here! I know I am always happy to help out where I can, and I think most people are like that too. If you want to pop along to the club and see some of out "toys" in the flesh, then again, just shout up!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down