RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Jeti 2.4 g radio systems

3 posters

Go down

Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty Jeti 2.4 g radio systems

Post by Guest 2009-08-15, 10:55

Further to Andy's Spectrum 2.4 g radio rx's for sale ad and my corny remarks, I'm intrigued by the "Jeti New system" he mentioned.
I found this under jeti 2.4 g radio
Jeti, the respected Czech manufacturer has just joined the frequency revolution by launching a 2.4GHz radio system called 'Duplex'. The companies existing range of receivers and ESCs are held in high regard by modellers, so this new modular R/C system has been eagerly awaited, not least because it offers a number of 'new generation' features not found on existing 2.4GHz systems.
Does anyone have any experience of these outfits ? Do they work with other brands ? and so on....

Back to top Go down

Jeti 2.4 g radio systems Empty Re: Jeti 2.4 g radio systems

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-08-15, 11:09

Only person i know of using the Jetti system is Andy so maybe he will share his thoughts

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-08-15, 17:33

Two thoughts from me (who has had a few flights on a couple of Jeti controlled planes now)

1: It works damn well, low down, far away, and high up, on fast models, slow models.
2. The telemetry is brilliant. I can tell when my glider is climbing, descending, when it exceeds a height limit I program, how many amps the motor is pulling, when a preset capacity used from the battery has been exceeded, When the signal is a bit weak, all sorts!

As with all 2.4GHz systems, there is no cross compatibility. a Jeti equipped Tx will only talk to a Jeti 2.5GHz receiver. (like wise a Futaba tx will only talk to a futaba rx). You can get Jeti modules to fit pretty much any radio out there now, I'm using a module in my MPX Evo.

If you've got any more specific questions, fire away! If you want a "live" demo, I'll definately be at the club night on thursday Wink

Andy (who is selling all his Spektrum stuff to buy Jeti stuff)
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-17, 13:07

Hi Andy
OK I'm firing questions
The telemetery part of the Jeti system sounds interesting.
Rather than ask 20 questions
What monitoring features does it provide ?
How do you get the info from/to the receiver ?
How can you observe the info whilst you are flying the model ?

Where can we read about it ?

Regarding the 2.4 g mystery crashes at the nats (see for sale 2.4g) (and maybe at Rhyl)
I saw two of the nats models literally lying flat out on the floor. The fuzz's was wide open and the receivers visible in the remains. The point I noted was that in both models, the aerials of the main and satelite receivers were all lying in the same orientation. I don't think they had moved in the crash. They had been installed that way.

Maybe we need to be more aware that the manufacturers require the aerials to be placed in different orientations. The separate receivers cater for potential blind signal spots. Very similar to VHF and UHF radio mic systems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy 2009-08-17, 13:26

Have a look here Paul they are the U.K. stockist.

http://www.puffinmodels.com/category.php?dept=163

Roy
Roy
Roy
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 715

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-08-17, 13:33

Hi Paul,

The manufacturer's website is always a good place to start reading, all the manuals are on there, as is the complete product range (www.jetimodel.com)

As for the questions, here goes:

1. Telemetry monitoring features. All of the Jeti receivers come built in with voltage monitoring of the RX supply by default. Most of the receivers feature an extension port, whereby other "sensors" can be plugged in. At present there are current/voltage sensors, temperature sensors, altitude (vario) sensors, and an rpm sensor. There are several different types with different ratings to suit your application (no point putting a 150A current sensor in a small foamy Smile ) You can fit one sensor as standard, but up to 8 sensors with an expansion socket.
2. Information is transmitted from the receiver back to the TX module as part of the normal operation of the receiver. There is no extra stuff needed, it is all built in to the 2.4GHz rf link between the two.
3. Observing the data whilst flying can be easy, or it can be tricky. Basically, there is a small box with a LCD screen on it. This plugs into the TX module, and can be used to display (live) any parameter that is being monitored by the receiver and attached sensors. It also stores the min/max values for most monitored parameters. This box (jetibox it is called) is also used for setting up the whole system (things like failsafe, output channel mapping, receiver channel mixes etc, it is really powerful). Obviously, whilst you areflying, you don't want to be looking at a little LCD screen, so Jeti have an audible alert feature.

This basically allows you to set audible alarms that sound when preset conditions are met/exceeded. As an example, you can set the tx module to beep a morse code letter at you when it exceeds a certain height. You could also set it to beep a different morse code letter at you if a preset current limit (drawn by your motor) is exceeded. Pretty much any monitored parameter can be assigned to an alarm. This is pretty useful, as you aren't necesserily interested in the current draw of a motor, unless it exceeds a certain limit.

Unfortunately, Jeti doesn't have any logging facility to record anything other than certain min/max values. I have had a look at the data protocol that Jeti are using (I'm like that Shocked ) and it would be really easy for jeti to develop a logging facility/device that plugs into the TX module (or RX for that matter) thatwould record all the monitored parameters. In fact, if jeti don't do this in the next year or so, I'm going to build one myself!

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down