RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Thursday 25th Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Thursday 25th Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Thursday 25th Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Thursday 25th Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Thursday 25th Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Thursday 25th

2 posters

Go down

Thursday 25th Empty Thursday 25th

Post by Guest 2009-06-25, 22:13

Yet another great afternoon/evening marred only by Tim suffering an elevator failure on the Hawk which has gone to the big hanger in the sky Crying or Very sad
The Burgers were done to a turn and chef Ramsey did us proud.

Steve brought his turbine 205 Huey along for a flight.

Thursday 25th Cosford140609005-1

Seconds after this shot the secondary drive belt failed and he lost tail drive. Thank goodness the height could be measured in inches as at altitude this could have been a total. The mechanics were on only their 4th flight after modifications and service in Germany so Steve is totaly p####d off.

Andy was on form and I think is after Zaids crown for the best pose Exclamation

Thursday 25th Cosford140609008-1

Thursday 25th Cosford140609013

Did I enjoy myself, well yes despite my carb comeing loose on the Gangster and then finding I had left my tranny for the helicopters at home Evil or Very Mad

Despite the picture below, rumors that I am now living at the field are all false. It just seems that way.

Thursday 25th Cosford140609012-1

If the weather holds will be there Friday.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Thursday 25th Empty Re: Thursday 25th

Post by Guest 2009-06-26, 12:11

Ramsay here:-
anyone ill? Sad
Anyone dead, do we need a collection for the funeral? affraid
If so the food was nothing to do with me. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-06-26, 12:28

I'm neither ill nor dead Allan, but then again I did'nt sample your cooking, sticking strictly to my "fruit bat" diet. The smell drifting out to the strip on the easterly breeze did lead to salivation whilst flying though. Wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2009-06-26, 18:52

yeh...bit of bummer really - especially as she only had 11.5 flights on the clock - still was very pleased with it overall - especially the retract mods which generally speaking did very well for ROGrass. Its a total write off of course, and inspecting the wing a bit closer today, thats pretty well stuffed too - a LOT of crunching and creasing along both edges, and main spar broken, together with huge crack across most of the mounting area. Fan, shroud, 3 servos, new 6s 4000mahr pack, Rx, and nosegear all goosed.
On the bright side, an RCME forumite has one part started which he has lost the will to finish, and has offered it to me for the cost of shipping alone from Germany, so I might be back with another before the end of the year Very Happy
Its only a bit of foam after all lol!
[img]Thursday 25th SL273069[/img][u]
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-06-26, 19:03

really sorry to see your Hawk like that....Im sure you'll soon be back in business Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2009-06-26, 19:05

Oh sure John - I have plenty of other stuff to be getting on with, and other old favourites to fly. I will get another hawk though, as it is still a fav of mine. Very Happy

Incidentally, post mortem reveals that a "swingkeeper" on the linkage of one half of the all moving tailplane came unclipped and allowed the push rod to pop free from the horn. I suspect that it actually twisted itself off under the back-pressure created on the large control surface as the model was at the bottom of a pretty high and steep dive following a large loop, and as I inputted up pitch, .... the model failed to respond and instead "screwed" itself into mother earth. The rear end tail feathers are the only things not pummelled to pieces in the smash, in fact they are completely intact - so the problem is clear to see.
I suppose I should have known better than to trust a little plastic keeper with such a big job Evil or Very Mad
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum