RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Yak anyone? Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Yak anyone? Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Yak anyone? Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Yak anyone? Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Yak anyone? Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Yak anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Yak anyone? Empty Yak anyone?

Post by Guest 2009-12-29, 23:12

Ok, so I have been looking about to get an idea for a fist low winger after I pass my A (I know its a while to go but Im just getting an Idea)
I dont want to be doing any 3d stuff and I would like my planes to look realistic,
Sooo I have found one that fits my budget and I can use what I have got allready to kit it out.
Here it is!
http://www.sloughrc.com/asp/default.asp?itemid=A-BH047
Its a yak 54, are they good planes?
I WILL be programming dual rates so she wont be SUPER twitchy all the time, but at a flip of a switch, It will be a aerobatic performer.
Do you think it is a good choice?
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Yak anyone? Empty Re: Yak anyone?

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-12-30, 09:17

most of the Black hourse range is spot on Sam, good honest cheep planes, perhaps abit heavier than the extreme 3d stuff but as you have said its not your bag anyway, and from memory the ones ive seen fly/flown have been very good

HOWEVER!, keen as you are i wouldnt rush into dumping your trainer, as this will teach you so mush once you get proper stick time, there is nothing that yak will do that the trainer wont do either (admitidly the Yak will be better ) but a trainer isnt for just curcits im sure either myself Rich, Bri, leigh etc etccan show you what i mean.

And you will crash so better to get that first big one out the way will the trainer

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-12-30, 09:35

Sam I know to someone your age it's a boring saying but "walk before you run" get
your "A" certificate under your belt and I'm sure you'll find plenty of the guys willing to let you try out different models so you can get a feel of what's to your liking. This way you can get a feel of what's really to your liking rather than lashing out the cash just to find you've got something not quite up your street Yak anyone? Icon_wink Once the new seasons under way and we all start getting down the field on a more regular basis I'm sure you'll be bombarded with information and more opinions than you can shake a stick at, at the end of the day listen to peoples advice and make your own mind up Yak anyone? Icon_cool

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by melfyn 2009-12-30, 11:51

Hi Sam, I agree with everything Brian has said hold off before jumping in with both feet. Also take what Mark said on board about not ditching you trainer as soon as you pass your A. As he said it can still teach you a thing or two and will make a good intro into basic aerobatic flying and should even be capable of seeing you through the B test as well.
melfyn
melfyn
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum