RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

SCALE HELICOPTERS

2 posters

Go down

SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty SCALE HELICOPTERS

Post by FATBOY3237 2013-02-19, 10:59

HI to those that know me know im quit new to flying but i have a final plan for all my flying and that is to have a Scale heli to fly around so i have a couple of questions to start my brain working!!!

1) What are the largest and best stile of blades that i could use for a scale heli, as this will determin how big the heli will finaly be.

2) Does anyone know what the max weight a eclectric/nitro/pertol motors are capable of taking off, this will detemain the materials, weight and type of motor i use.

3) Finally does anyone have much experience in building scale heli's any additional help would be greatfull.

The final model is going to be either a AH64 Longbow or a EC-135 Helimed
FATBOY3237
FATBOY3237

RDMFC Bonus points : 31

Back to top Go down

SCALE HELICOPTERS Empty Re: SCALE HELICOPTERS

Post by Guest 2013-03-16, 18:02

Your answer is endless and really depends on your budget. Carbon blades are the best but will cost up to £150 ish for a large scale and that could be powered by electric, gas or turbine motors.

May I suggest your starting point is the size of helicopter you want, that will then dictate the weight of the aircraft which in turn will dictate the size and type of motor and obviously the correct blades will follow.

You could speak to Hobby Corner at Wrexham as Kerin Taylor has scale helicopters, but I wouldn't wait too long as it is going around that the shop is soon to close, if not already and will become a hairdressers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaidy 2013-03-16, 22:09

Look up Vario helicopters.co.uk
And
rcaerodyne.com

They have a huge range of Helis scale, heads, cockpits etc......

Zaidy
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1827

http://Seahawkap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down