RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Big red thing. Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Big red thing. Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Big red thing. Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Big red thing. Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Big red thing. Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Big red thing.

Go down

Big red thing. Empty Big red thing.

Post by Andy Sayle 2011-07-21, 00:40

Hi Folks,

I’m raising some funds to buy a new house, and as a result, I am having to clear out some of my models. The first one to go is my Wildhare SU26. This model was assembled by me, from new, last year. It has only had about 20 flights, and due to my complete lack of 3D ability, it has only ever been flown gently with the few basic aerobatics thrown in. It has never been landed hard, crashed or damaged in any way at all.

The airframe is all built up construction, and is finished in the red, white and black scheme. Rather than have the normal Honda Decals applied, it has an “Animal” scheme applied in vinyl (this can be removed fairly easily if required). The model is fitted with a DLE 55cc engine, and this was also new for the model. It has only had about 5 litres of petrol through it, and is just starting to loosen up nicely. The engine has been running on a 23x8 prop, and has a black aluminium spinner fitted. The ignition is the standard RCEXL unit, and it has a receiver operated kill switch fitted (with Red Led indicator). The ignition is powered from a 2s A123 pack (1100mAh capacity). The exhaust is a canister type, fitted with a flexi header and Teflon coupling. The noise levels are about typical for a 50CC class model. The cowl has a laser cut Perspex baffle to promote good cooling of the engine. The fuel tank is a standard 500ml setup, with felt clunk installed. The fill line is fed through to a Gmach fuel dot (in anodised red to match the model!) and the vent line is fed out down the undercarriage.

The servos installed on the model are aileron/elevator (4 in total) Savox S1258TG servos, and these were all brand new for the model. The servos are nice and fast, have good centring and resolution and plenty of power for the model. The rudder servo is a JR DS8511. This powers a large moulded horn with a ball linkage and closed loop coupling to the rudder. All the horns on the model are adjustable with ball links on both ends of the linkage. The throttle servo is a Spektrum DS821 unit.

I have been using a Jeti Duplex R8 receiver, powering the servos direct. The battery I used was a 2s A123 (2300mAh Capacity) and this was fed through a Multiplex failsafe switch to the receiver. This setup has been totally reliable. I have tested the battery, and a 10 minute flight is pulling approx. 300mA from the pack, and that is gentle aerobatics type flying. The ignition pack is good for 4 15 minute flights, and that is putting about 500mA back into the pack.

The wings have some wing-bags with them (aluminised bubble type, with foam lining). The horizontal stabs are removable too.

I’m selling the model complete, but minus the receiver. If you want the receiver, just let me know. I’m after £750 for the model, or nearest offer. If you are interested, just let me know, I am open to offers  I would prefer collection from me in North Wales (Near Rhyl), but I may be able to meet up somewhere more central, like Chester, or Northwich (near the M6 etc.), Wrexham that sort of area. If you need any further info, or more photos, just ask.

Obviously it is a bit late, and dark now, so I'll get the model out in the daylight tomorrow, and some photos taken.

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down