RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Phoenix Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Phoenix Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Phoenix Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Phoenix Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Phoenix Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Phoenix

Go down

Phoenix Empty Phoenix

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 09:24

Hi,
David lent me his phoenix sim disk for me to try on my pc, but my Tx wont work with it, does anyone know how I can get it to work?

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Empty Re: Phoenix

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 09:48

You need the "Phoenix interface cable" too
This has USB "A" plug at one end and "stereo mini jack" at other.
This cable also has the "Dongle" (box in the middle) that enables the program to run

Follow the instructions off the cdrom to install in your pc and then enable your Tx

You can download a demo from phoenix too

Last edited by PDQ on 2009-11-07, 09:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment demo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 09:55

Ok, do you know where I can get this Interface cable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 10:01

off david

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 10:10

But then he cant use it, do you know where I can 'buy' one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 11:19

These dongle thingies try to protect the software from being copied

I don't know how you could legally get a spare without also having to buy a complete pack and then you could even throw away the cdrom once it is installed.

If I lend you mine then I won't be able to use my phoenix at all

Compared with some, the phoenix is relatively cheap and gives very good results against many other more expensive ones.

Of course like all things computer, there will be some geek somewhere who has produced a cdrom that bypasses the need for the special phoenix dongle cable. That could be you one day !

I know Aerofly professional deluxe has been cloned.
Also Reflex, which was brilliant, that too had the dongle burgled and they have ceased selling. No more sales, No more income for them! (I'm going to try to get an update cdrom for mine in Europe when I go next year 10 Euro, available by post plus 10 Euro but they require bankers draft minimum bank fee in UK £24 plus cost of goods and postage)

I have one or two other sims (ipacs CSM v10) kicking around which are OK and you can have free but I will have to have a rummage for them. I have no idea where they are at the moment. Busy today, Tomorrow, Hospital Monday, etc etc
I will drop you a pm when found.

(My first model flight sim was "Aerochopper" by Ambrosia Computer Products inc. which ran on an Atari 520 computer through the tele and had simple white line graphic outline on green background field with scenery. Compared with today, total rubbish, but at the time fantastic. I taught myself to fly nose in helicopter in two weeks with it after struggling for a whole year without. It had a spectacular crash where the model bounced into smaller and smaller bits and a shoot up game with bombs and rocket launch missiles and two models two pilots on two ataris linked by midi leads. Shoot each other down. We invented a game, you are only allowed to shoot when inverted.)

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Empty Flight Simulator

Post by Peter S 2009-11-07, 11:50

Sam, I have a flight sim which you are welcome to have, perhaps Dave could pick it up and sort it for you.
It is a basic sim called a CSM 3 in1 but you coud use it to practice on.
Peter
Peter S
Peter S
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 12:55

I have a basic sim, but I thought seen as dave had lent me the disc, and it is a great sim, I would try to get working, but if I need to buy the whole package thing to get a lead then I will just hand it back to dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 16:35

Try nagging Dave and ask him to lend the cable to you for a week or two.
He's a very nice guy and now he has got his super Transmitter, he will be too busy to mess about with the Phoenix for a week or two.
I would ask him myself, but I was rude to him when I suggested he had bought something else, unmentionable, for his birthday.
Try wishing him a happy birthday too. Again
You never know ......
He might even g... it to you

Last edited by PDQ on 2009-11-07, 16:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add cable)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 16:53

I highly doubt that, Because he said that he really enjoys playing on it with mark
I will give it a go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-07, 18:01

I've just done the same,borrowed phoenix off Jeff and I love it,done about 50 hours in the last week.
Trouble is he needs his lead back but I can't be without it now.
I gotta buy one from fast lad this week but the cost isn't too bad when I see the price of realflight. Shocked
I love the free updates as well,lots of free new models.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down