RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
jr transmitter 35 meg Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
jr transmitter 35 meg Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
jr transmitter 35 meg Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
jr transmitter 35 meg Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
jr transmitter 35 meg Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

jr transmitter 35 meg

Go down

jr transmitter 35 meg Empty jr transmitter 35 meg

Post by Guest 2009-09-01, 20:23

I seem unable to solve this problem.....The mix,throttle/rudder or it may be the other way round.
When full power is on,no problem apply full rudder and power reduces to about half.This is only on the electric set up.Studied the instruction book for the tranny but no help.Any body got any suggestions, thanks guys. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

jr transmitter 35 meg Empty Re: jr transmitter 35 meg

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-09-01, 20:35

John,

Ive come across this before, if its only doing it with an electric setup, i think its nothing to do with the TX but more your esc, if your rudder servo is binding slightly or at the end of its movement it will try and suck amps from the batts via the bec thus reducing the motor, try it with a seperate RX pack (disconect the red wire on the esc going to the rx) or reducing your rudder movment

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-01, 21:14

thanks Mark I'll try it tomorrow..its dark outside and I don't like going to the garage in the dark at my age !! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-01, 21:21

Mark i've just remembered, when you put full rudder in ,just by moving the stick to the left/right ,no vertical movement the throttle goes on full power.So what should be half power when full rudder is applied full power results. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-01, 23:11

John, Have you checked that there are no mixers inadvertantly set on the TX. If there are none try going to the "monitor" function on the TX which shows the control movements on a bar graph. This will show if you have any interaction between channels. I have never heard of the problem Mark has found with ESC`s but you live and learn in this game.
Hope this helps Very Happy

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-02, 10:39

Dave/Mark thanks for help.

It was a mixer on the tranny,found it via the moniter.Don't know which plonker put that on Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-02, 11:27

johnoxleydean wrote:Dave/Mark thanks for help.

It was a mixer on the tranny,found it via the moniter.Don't know which plonker put that on Very Happy
Hi John
I discovered similar mysterious mixup with my JR gear.
A simple way to bypass these problems is to initialise the particular model memory either as reset or to select a different model type (but finally set the type to your requirement). This sets everything to zero.
BUT
This means you have to set every damn thing up all over again which takes ages.
SO
Most of my setups are all very similar. They are for aeroplane with two aileron servos and switchable coupled elevator to flap and ail to rudder. Also motor kill from tickover by mixing throttle to throttle via gear sw. Quite a few throw and exponential settings too for all flying controls.

For a new model, I copy a known PDQ good setup from another memory slot.
I have sometimes copied the setup from my other 3810 Tx
All that has to be done then is to tweak the settings for the new model. This is usually just changes to take account of servo throw directions. All done in minutes.
Don't forget to Rename the newly setup memory to "John's New Model" or you may have an "Oh Sh..." situation.
Bit late, but I was at the Nats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-02, 11:56

thanks Paul Appreciate your help.Hope you had a good time at the Nats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down