RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask...

3 posters

Go down

I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask...

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 19:57

I dont supose anyone is selling a origional mini in need of some work doing to it do they?
Me and my dad are looking for a prodject car to do up.
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty Re: I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask...

Post by Peter Squire 2010-11-03, 20:32

I dont know of one but when you find one have a good look around the rear subframe and inner and outer sills, finding one that is original and not messed about with will be hard.

My first car was a mini clubman 1100, il never forget it as i spent months repairing it and welding new panels on it.

Peter
Peter Squire
Peter Squire
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 413

Back to top Go down

I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask... Empty Re: I know this is a long shot but I may as well ask...

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 20:40

LOL Thanks, my dads first one was a mini 850, he had 7 more over the years, and he had a spraying buisness too so he repaired alot of rust too haha
LOL We have been scouring the local adds, auto trader and equivilents, and even ebay!
Most are either 200+ miles away, or not worth the time and effort with the shear ammount of rust on the cars

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-11-03, 21:38

And check the front subframe mounting points, the A panels, round the windscreen seal, the rear screen seal, the roof drainage channels.....

Good luck finding one for sensible money. The price of decent condition Mini's seem to be rather mad these days...

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 23:50

What about trying HEREhttp://www.miniworld.co.uk/
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 23:52

Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-04, 07:58

Some how I dont think so Tim Razz
Well Ive been so see a friends mini and I have found, I can fit my cougar and breeze on the back seats and tiny little boot Smile
As long as It can fit a model in it Im happy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-11-04, 09:49

I used to fit an electric Zagi in the back of my old Mini.....

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-04, 11:12

Interested in one of THESE? Got one with no rust(waxoiled underneath and galvanised body panels), 54,000mls, good tyres, brakes, radio etc but needs a new head gasket. Was useing it up to two years ago. In garage up on axle stands so brakes will need freeing off. Gasket went due to previous owner useing just water(anti freeze is also a corrosion inhibitor) to top up cooling system when pressure cap went faulty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-04, 15:44

Im affraid I will have to turn you down on that offer Allan, To put it bluntly, I think it looks Very Eww compared to a classic mini
Thanks anyways Smile
I have found a few now thanks to tim with the link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-04, 17:54

Gotcha. Thought you were only interested in spending 10's or 100's of pounds not thousands as indicated by the price of those mini's advertised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-14, 09:26

Hello, thanks for all the Help guys, and now Ive found and bought a mini in Abergele listed for £750 but we got it down to £500, Going to give it a quick spin before the 'TLC' starts.
-
Again thanks for the link
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-11-14, 11:05

It wasn't a cream coloured one owned by a young lad (about 20?) was it?
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-14, 11:57

No, it was a light blue one, Its sitting on the drive now Smile
Im so pleased with it LOL, Well Over taking was like trying for the land speed reacord, and the breaks are like cheese BUT! Its My mini and Thats all that matters Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down