RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Old Technology Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Old Technology Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Old Technology Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Old Technology Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Old Technology Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Old Technology

Go down

Old Technology Empty Old Technology

Post by Guest 2009-12-05, 11:44

Nothing to do with aeromodelling!!
Has anyone had any experience of equipment and software to convert VHS tapes and camcorder analoge recordings to digital and then save on DVD and PC (posible dedicated external HD). Got a large collection of films (not ripoff copies). Am aware of 'ION VIDEO 2PC' and 'PINNACLE DAZZLE'. Any comments/sugestions???
(I suppose some muppet will say throw them all away and buy new jocolor )

Back to top Go down

Old Technology Empty Re: Old Technology

Post by Guest 2009-12-05, 14:46

I bought a Yamada Recorder and DVD Disc writer combo from Maplin sale two years ago. It has only Analogue TV tuner. I use it to save stuff from the SKY+ box when that gets full and also to save and edit all vhs and camcorder stuff. It was about £70. Plenty similar available today.
Drawback 1. It's a slow job cos VHS has to play at normal speed.
Drawback 2. DVD drive at std speed is limited to 2.2 hrs, but if you want more time per dvd disc then expect less quality. HD Tele does show though how orrible video quality was in the past.
Yes it's the same Yamada that make the 4 strokes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-12-05, 15:05

Hi Alan, I have a Sony DVD to VHS/VHS to DVD deck that I bought a couple pf years ago and it does a great job of copying VHS tapes to DVD with the usual proviso that it does it in real time which is not a problem as you just start it off then go have lunch Exclamation I also have some software by Pinnacle which works just like windows movie maker but with more bells and whistles. I comes with a box that accepts digital, S-Video and composite analoge signals plus audio. I can copy from my old Hi 8 camcorder and save the result after editing on to DVD. It is a time consuming process but can give good results. It also has a facility to do staight copies without editing but I sufferr from frame drop out ( no comments Brian Very Happy Very Happy )which may be due to the fact that the camcorder is now 8 years old and need the heads cleaning. The software is also very memory hungry and runs a little slow on my lap top.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-12-05, 15:29

Can't resist Dave, stronger stitching around the gusset area is a good cure for frame drop out I find Old Technology Icon_wink Old Technology Icon_b10

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum