RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
29th October Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
29th October Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
29th October Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
29th October Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
29th October Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

29th October

Go down

29th October Empty 29th October

Post by Guest 2009-10-29, 18:13

Went to the field for a couple of hours this afternoon with Danny. Prospective new member Alan Pattrick turned up and Bob G dropped in for a chat.
Couldnt get my Cougar to run and I think I have succumbed to the dreaded tank pipes the wrong way round problem as I had the tank out the other night.Sad Danny had a narrow escape with his T Rex which Glitched badly on 2.4 Surprised The eventual cause was found to be a chaffed wire on the regulator which was rubbing on the carbon side frame and called for a rapid disconection of LIPO. So self induced problem rather than a radio one. Its amazing how fast you move when sparks and smoke appears Smile

Anyway must sort my tank out.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

29th October Empty Re: 29th October

Post by Guest 2009-10-30, 14:09

That was a most frightening moment,it took a couple of hours to relax after that.
Opperator error was the cause,about 2 cm's of carbon that I missed when sealing the frame edges was where it rubbed through. Embarassed
Today I put a 5 cell reciever pack up to the reciever after I removed the regulator and did a range check which was fine,however the reciever light still does that wierd thing where it sometimes randomly flashes. Question
So for peace of mind it is definately a new reciever and regulator.
Thanks again for your help yesterday dave.Top bloke.

Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-30, 15:23

Danny, have you moved the satelite reciever Question I am sure that is part of the problem. If the weathers good on Saturday you are welcome to A. borrow a reciever or B. use my helicopter for the A test. Very Happy

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-30, 16:45

Hiya mate,yes I moved the satelite reciever to the plastic area and used double sided velcro to move it about and still it flickers but I just noticed if I tap the reciever with my finger it has flashed a few times.
Cheers for the loan offer Dave,I still have no voltage regulator but I could try flying yours,I just hope my nervs don't give me the shakes.
I'll bring my fuel and my little trex and lepton just in case so I'm well prepared.
I'll send off the reciever to horizon for repair next week and buy one of those 7100r's with a new regulator.
Cheers Dave.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-01, 19:41

good luck with the A test, how did it go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-02, 13:39

It was too windy to fly,so I just had a quick hover which was entertaining so the rest of the test we did which went ok,all that revising paid off.
Just hoping this weekend is better weather wise and hopefully I can finish off. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-11-02, 15:11

Danny, when we (or if you go with somone else) run through the test again we will have to do questions and pre/post flight checks (never a bad habbit anyway) as its clased as a new test but i shouldnt worry after your performace on sat

M
Who is hoping for some nice weather himself
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-11-03, 13:48

No problem mate,I'll keep revising just to make sure I don't forget anything. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-11-03, 14:04

you will be reet mate

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content