RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with?

Go down

Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with?

Post by Guest 2009-10-20, 21:02

Hi,
For X-mas I will be getting a Dx6i set, Will it be able for someone to buddy me to practice moves other than just doing circuits, Also do you think i should get the Dx6i, the dx7 Is WAAAAY to expensive, do you have any other suggestions of a 6ch+ Tx 2.4ghz that is able to buddy by someone who flys often in the club?

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty Re: Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with?

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-10-20, 23:05

The Dx6i is a cracking little radio, and should keep you going for quite a while. I think the DX6i can be buddied up to any of the Spektrum/JR radios with the right lead, and I know there are quite a few Spektrum/JR users in the club, so someone is bound to be able to help out...

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with? Empty Re: Does anyone have a dx6i That they could buddy me with?

Post by Guest 2009-10-20, 23:21

I have a spare Dx7 (mode 2) that will buddy with it. I did it with Jeffs Gangster oin Saturday.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 09:14

Are you a club member?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 15:29

Richard T wrote:Are you a club member?
Soon to be, As i dont want to waste £50 for the last couple of months, I should be getting a dx6i for xmas, so this si for next year, when i am a member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 16:21

I would expect the Mebership Sec to know who the members are.Surely he has a list ? No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 16:53

Yeah, tut tut tut!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 20:16

Sorry to be negative but...
You must have BMFA insurance when you fly your model at the club's field. I do not think you can be considered as covered if you fly under the "umbrella" of the "Master pilot's" insurance.
Perhaps someone else could comment.
If there were an incident and you did not have insurance, the club would be in trouble with the BMFA. From the club's point of view, this risk is not a good idea.

You never know, Junior joining fee for 2010 might be abolished !!! and you coulld save some more money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 21:22

I believe that prospective members can come/.fly 3 times under club insurance

Last edited by johnoxleydean on 2009-10-23, 21:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i before e except after c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-23, 22:04

First Time Inexperienced Flyer
Club liability insurance can be extended to cover first time visitors to your Club who have no previous experience of model flying but are seeking to try out model flying prior to joining your Club. However, in this case cover will only be in place when the flights are being personally supervised by a nominated Club member approved by the Club Committee. No charge will be made for this additional cover; however, cover will only be in place for a maximum of 3 days for any one first time flyer. After this initial 3 day period the first time flyer must arrange his/her own third party public liability insurance cover, by joining the BMFA, prior to undertaking any further flying activity at your Club site

pretty clear, Nominated club member approved by the committee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-24, 07:47

johnoxleydean wrote:First Time Inexperienced Flyer
Club liability insurance can be extended to cover first time visitors to your Club who have no previous experience ..................prior to undertaking any further flying activity at your Club site

pretty clear, Nominated club member approved by the committee

John
Your Quote
You did not say where you are quoting the above statement from.
Is it from the BMFA handbook?
Or is it something you would like to see?

We all want to help the lad to get airborne on his own, none of us particularly enjoy juggling with rules. These rules or guidelines have evolved over the lifespan of the BMFA and SMAE and inevitably have become complex. From time to time updates are available as amendments. There were two tables full of them at the Nationals for people to take away free. There was a draft version there too, in A4 for £15, but I myself just collected copies of the updates.
You can download the entire up to date Rule book direct from the BMFA free.

I haven't trolled all the way throught the rules on this particular topic for you, I'm not on the committee and at the moment have other things to do.

I do think you will have more success with arranging free temporary cover if you make a formal request but avoid pointing out how rubbish we all seem to be in your opinion.
Please bear with us, it is being dealt with

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-24, 09:14

Paul try reading my posts.I did not say all of you were rubbish,in fact I did not even use that statement.Though two posts in my opinion were not very encouraging.There are some members that really do encourage young people others don't seem to.
Also Paul it may come as a complete suprize to you but I can read and understand what the BMFA says.

Statement is from the BMFA web site re Insurance

As you have insider knowledge perhaps share it with me Who is dealing with it ?

Last edited by johnoxleydean on 2009-10-24, 09:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-24, 09:45

If this is all about me flying at the club as a guest then it doesnt matter I will wait till next year when I am a member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-24, 16:03

johnoxleydean wrote:Paul try reading my posts.I did not say all of you were rubbish,.............................................. but I can read and understand what the BMFA says.

Statement is from the BMFA web site re Insurance

As you have insider knowledge perhaps share it with me Who is dealing with it ?

You credit me with superhuman skills, alas, I wish it were true.
However
I am aware of several proposals being discussed for the AGM concerning fees for prospective juniors both amongst members and here on the forum.
I have submitted my own AGM proposals concering fees for juniors

But this topic is in General Discussion and not club business so I am saying no more here
But I will be, hopefully, available to attend the AGM

Last edited by PDQ on 2009-10-24, 16:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit discussion not forum)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-27, 20:54

Sam if you want to fly as guest, there is no problem however you will need to contact me and supply certain personal information which I need for the temporary insurance cover and a simple form of authorisation needs to be completed by your parents.

If you forward your e-mail address to me in my PM box, please do not post it on the open forum. I will e-mail directly back to you.

You are welcome to come down the field as many times as you like as long as a parent or legal guardian stays with you, but you cannot fly a model until the insurance paperwork is completed.

Do you have anyone in the club who is going to instruct you or are you wanting the club to find someone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-27, 22:37

It is Ok, I will wait intill next year to sign up, It inst really worth all the hassel considering the amount of flying I would do This winter with the weather being the way it is
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-28, 19:56

You'll still have the same paperwork to complete Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down