RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

What do you guys think, should i get this?

Go down

What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty Re: What do you guys think, should i get this?

Post by Guest 2009-10-10, 21:12

There are loads of 35meg trannys around on the s/hand market. As you are starting out and I think serious about the hobby then why not go for a 2.4 gig outfit such a the spectrun DSX6i. or dsx7 dependant on what mode you fly there are a number of guys with these that could buddy you ( I have one on mode2). Try not to think what you need now, rather what you will need in 12 months time.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think, should i get this? Empty Re: What do you guys think, should i get this?

Post by Guest 2009-10-10, 21:17

Use to have this one.
It's good radio - but battery is bit rubish (mine was 700 mah)
6th ch. has only 2 positions - on and off - that was a main reason I got new Tx instead this one just after few months, but not a big problem if ain't gonna fly gliders.
All depends how cheap you gonna get it.

Have a look at this one.
http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41_53&products_id=4980&osCsid=3335563b6c1b9c6e85cf5ced587a665e
New for this money Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-10, 22:59

David Sargent wrote:There are loads of 35meg trannys around on the s/hand market. As you are starting out and I think serious about the hobby then why not go for a 2.4 gig outfit such a the spectrun DSX6i. or dsx7 dependant on what mode you fly there are a number of guys with these that could buddy you ( I have one on mode2). Try not to think what you need now, rather what you will need in 12 months time.

DaveS
Ok, My gran said that she needs to think of something for me for x-mas, do you think it would be a good idea to ask for the dx6i?
Also i have spotted a futaba faast system second hand, 2.4ghz. The radio i got now doesnt even work properly!
So i need to get one before i fly next time, Also i need fuel and a pump, John said i can use his 12v starter if i need to.
Thanks for all the help!
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-10, 23:34

go with the dx6 or dx7 if you can stretch to it. its really not worth buying a 35mhz radio anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-10, 23:47

Futaba recievers 2.4 are not very cheap so it may be worth buying dx as Leigh says - there is big range of Rx's in good price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 07:50

don't forget Sam that if you get a 2.4 Tx then you will need to put in the a/c a 2.4 Rx
Futaba Rx only work with Futaba Tx and likewise with all the other makes.This only applies to 2.4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 08:59

Well as you guys say i should be looking at 2.4 isnted of 35mhz, i have found this which looks pretty nice!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300354947162&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 09:57

popcornreviews wrote:Well as you guys say i should be looking at 2.4 isnted of 35mhz, i have found this which looks pretty nice!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300354947162&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1101
Beware
Cheap yes ..... maybe... have you seen it work?
What guarantee ??
It's a long way to Stranraer if you need to grumble
I think You would do better buying locally or from someone you know in the club. Delyn and other end of season do's will be on soon.
But for starters there's nothing wrong with 35 MHz. It still works fine and you can save a lot of money. When you'r ready, you can sell off the 35 set and plunge for the exotic. There's bound to be something new around that will tempt you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 10:00

Ok, thanks,
John is lending me a Tx till i pass my 'A' then i can get a 2.4ghz when im ready Very Happy
Thanks!
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 16:33

PDQ wrote:
I think You would do better buying locally or from someone you know in the club. Delyn and other end of season do's will be on soon...........
will tempt you.

From North West News
24 Oct North Wales Swapmeet 2009 Part 2 Delyn MFC. 9 to 1. St Winefrides Community Centre, Holywell. Contact Mike Parry on 01352 710167

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-11, 16:36

Ok, thanks, i will probably go, i like swapmeets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-10-15, 12:48

popcornreviews wrote:Well as you guys say i should be looking at 2.4 isnted of 35mhz, i have found this which looks pretty nice!
This was my first tx,the 6ex 2.4 and it wasn't very good.
The most important thing was that it doesn't have subtrim and the 700mah battery didn't last long.
Also it was recalled because of some coding issue where a bunch of them were setup from the factory with the same binding code or something which ripmax were doing for free to sort it out but the rep said that not all of them were returned and as such if 2 people are using the same tx they could shoot each other down.
I would go with the spektrum if possible.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum