RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale.

Go down

Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale. Empty Trex 500 helicopter - ready to fly for sale.

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-07-31, 15:37

Afternoon all.

I've decided to sell my Align Trex 500 helicopter to help fund a dirty great big gasser of a helicopter. It is about a year old, and has only has approx 4 hours on my TX timer (that includes setting everything up, so about 2-2.5 hours of actual flight time). It has NEVER been crashed, landed hard, or abused in anyway. I am only at the level of basic circuits, so no 3D shenanigans have gone on either Smile

The kit was a Trex500 basic kit, and it came with the Silver glass frames. I have installed the standard Align brushless motor and ESC, which have proven to be reliable, and have plenty of power. I installed a set of MSComposite Carbon blades (Symmetrical section), which seem to work really well. The cyclic servos (3) are all Hitec HS5245MGs which are nice and powerful, but very precise as well. The Tail is controlled using a Futaba S9257 digital tail servo, and a Futaba GY401 gyro. Again, I have had faultless performance from this setup.

I currently have a 12T motor pinion installed, and have been flying this on a 6s lipo setup (2250mAh cells) and get around 7-8 minutes hovering around. It seems to have bags of power, so much so I get a little bit worried about cranking the collective up sharply! O have also flown it on a 5s pack, which is great for hovering and simple circuits, but lacking in power for sharp climbouts. A change in gearing would sort that out though (there are a couple of different pinions included). The ESC has a Deans connector soldered to it.

The receiver is a Spektrum AR6200 and satellite, which has performed faultlessly too. Everything is inlcuded in the sale, so all you need to do, is bind to your transmitter, plug in a battery, and fly! If you don't want the receiver, just let me know, and I'll knock a bit off the price.

The first offer over £450 gets the lot. Pictures to follow when my camera charges up! Any questions, just ask.

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down