RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Grat days flying Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Grat days flying Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Grat days flying Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Grat days flying Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Grat days flying Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Grat days flying

2 posters

Go down

Grat days flying Empty Grat days flying

Post by Zaidy 2009-06-09, 21:58

Arrived at the field just before 1300, the wind was northerly cold around 10mph.
Then Dave S arrived not much later and Leigh joined us around 4pm, we even had the pleasure of Mark B popping by to say hello.
Brent got the the field for couple of hours flying and managed to drop the wind to 2-3mph! which was a great way to finish the day.

Had a great afternoon flying, all helis apart from Dave S with his Delta.
Its such a shame that you guys missed a great day Suspect

Zaidy
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1827

http://Seahawkap.com

Back to top Go down

Grat days flying Empty Re: Grat days flying

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-06-09, 22:29

Ah, dammit! I knew there was something better to do this afternoon. Instead I spent literally the whole afternoon on the phone to various insurers, recruitment agents and I had two phone interviews too.

I could have spent the time far more productively with the big glider, trying to keep it up for an hour using less than 2 minutes of motor time! Ah well, there is always tomorrow Smile

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-06-09, 23:04

Yes a great days flying Very Happy Very Happy glad I made the effort as it looked gloomy from my house.
Set the governor on my Raptor after finding the head speed was in excess of 2000 rpm (as high as my tacho goes) Anyway once set to a more realistc 1800 rpm it flew a treat ecxept for a slight vibe at certain throttle settings. Anyway as I could not find the cause I decided to give it a good thrashing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy which it took in its stride. Anyway its bugging me so its in for a full MOT in the morning. Even flew the Zagi which is great fun. Brent did well and has the hovering for his A test sorted. Now for the lazy eights which are nearly there. Well done mate.

DaveS

PS Zaids 600 nitro has me baffled as it flew with the fly bar paddles wrapped around the blades and by rights should have fallen out of the sky. The gods smiled in him today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-06-10, 08:53

David Sargent wrote:
The gods smiled in him today.

He would probably argue that he is one of the gods......

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum