RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
The Orme Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
The Orme Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
The Orme Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
The Orme Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
The Orme Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

The Orme

4 posters

Go down

The Orme Empty The Orme

Post by Tim 2015-06-01, 21:26

As many of you will be aware, the NT has just purchased a large section of the Orme.
Im not sure of the exact areas involved, or whether this may have some impact on out use of the slope site(s).
I have contacted them regarding the continued use for slope soaring, I have briefly explained our history of flying at the site, and current usage, stressing that we always check visiting flyers are properly briefed on procedures, and insured with BMFA etc.

I dont think its necesary at this stage to change any of our normal glidery activities, but of course, as NT forbid ANY form of powered model flying at their sites, it may be prudent to "forbid" any electric models until further notice - no sense in aggravating the situation before we even know the outcome.
I will keep the forum / Phil Cooke informed as and when I get any response.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

The Orme Empty Re: The Orme

Post by Allan Patrick 2015-06-01, 22:56

According to the local paper its the farm in the middle, Parc Farm, and grazing land near the summit that's been bought. Its the area occupies the center of the Orme that has sheep on it and was walled/fenced off. As far as I know nothing to with the rest of the Orme where we fly
Allan Patrick
Allan Patrick
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1842

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2015-06-02, 17:16

To: tim@uavsupport.co.uk
CC: WA.CustomerEnquiries@nationaltrust.org.uk
Subject: RE: Great Orme
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 13:39:19 +0000

Dear Tim,
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the charity’s recent purchase of land on the Great Orme.

The very nature of the sale of Parc Farm through sealed bids and the vendor’s request for confidentiality has meant that the whole process has unfortunately been somewhat secretive, and only last Tuesday were we able to make the purchase public. This has, of course, meant that we were unable to keep members and partners up to speed with plans, and I’m afraid the communication of the sale was in the hands of the media, who naturally work to different aims. As the focus of the newspapers and broadcasters was the purchase, the price and the wildlife, there was a lack of clarity on what this actually means for those such as yourself who regularly enjoy visiting and using the Great Orme.

The National Trust was able to purchase the 140 acre Parc Farm; the area shown within the red line within the blue box in the map below, and the associated grazing rights over a further 720 acres of the Orme.

cid:image003.png@01D09C4E.987DFC80

This effectively means we directly control what goes on on the 140 acre farm, which currently has no public access, and have a stake in the conservation across the 720 acres of headland. This purchase allows us to help the various species at threat and, in the future, open up access to the land within the farm boundary.

However, elements such as marine drive, the summit car park, visitor centre and so on, were not part of the sale and remain in private or local authority hands. Therefore, as things stand the charity only has control over the grazing to safeguard the many vulnerable species of flora and fauna and opening up access to the farm, and we cannot offer any additional member benefits or give make any promises for the remainder at this time. A natural priority for the long term will be to work with the council, the country park, Mostyn Estates, Plantlife and RSPB to widen the scope of member and public benefit.

I hope this helps clarify things a little, but if I can help in any other way please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks,

William Greenwood
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

The Orme Empty Littering by visitors ?

Post by Gary M Jones 2015-06-03, 19:29

I was up the Orme on last Saturday p.m. A large contingent of modellers were there from the Manchester area with a good & varied assortment of models ... I flew higher up the hill to avoid the number of gliders flying on the main slope ! Just a point though, on return to my car my Mother stated that a person from that "grey car" had thrown an empty can into the grass, sure enough there was a discarded 'red Bull' type of drink can where she said. Now I cannot say it was one of the visiting modellers or not but if it was I am very saddened. I am annoyed to see anyone littering un-necessarily but hopefully modellers are responsible in this, which is generally the case. Maybe it is time for some signage, otherwise problems could arise in future as litter attracts litter! I did pick up the offending can & took it home !!
Gary M Jones
Gary M Jones

RDMFC Bonus points : 341

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2015-06-04, 06:48

I would be surprised if it was one of the Tyldsley crew - they are a pretty responsible lot - often see them picking up litter ( other people's).
Signs dont help Gary as the type of folk who drop litter etc are the type who dont bother about rules or common sense.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2015-06-04, 08:50

Agread, loud and boystruss yes but there not litterers the TMFC boys, as Tim says Ive seen them walking round picking stuff up and putting in a bag, they love the Orme perhaps more than us
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary M Jones 2015-06-10, 18:58

Thanks for your comments , the Tyldsley bunch seemed a good responsible lot & were very friendly. Nice to hear your comments on litter picking .. pleased others do it as well as me !
Gary M Jones
Gary M Jones

RDMFC Bonus points : 341

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum