RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Rhyl Airshow 2009.

+3
Roy
Mark Barnes
Andy Sayle
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rhyl Airshow 2009.

Post by Guest 2009-08-05, 17:40

Any news on whats happening on Saturday Question Car parking etc.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Empty Static Display Models

Post by Guest 2009-08-06, 12:31

As far as I am aware
No one has asked John Barrows to bring his Lancaster out for the static display
It's asleep in the loft at the moment
Yes I know John is not in the forum, but he has helped the club out at these displays with his models
The show is immenent
Can someone post details of what is set up so far
where do I look in the forum for the club display at the airshow ?
where is the display area
whos displaying
what is displayed
who is being the assassin for the light handed
whos already got a good spot
is anyone actually going to be there at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-08-06, 12:49

Im prepaired to display but havent been asked so will just sort myself out with my deck chair

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-08-06, 12:49

Hi folks,

Just had some confirmation of arrangements back on this one. The Flying display (as in full size) is takinh place from 1pm to 2.30pm apparently, so not a full days worth of display. We have approximately 3m x10m of space booked (fenced off apparently) between the Sea Aquarium and the lifeboat station. There may be some tretle tables, then again, there may not. Apparently this is within the Traders area of the show.

Apparently we can park at the Russell House council Car park for free, no permits are required. All we need to do is explain who we are/what we are doing if asked. It would be good if we can get some models on display there, so if you are thinking about coming to see the flying, why not bring a model or two, and have it on display on the club stand?! Feel free to invite anyone who might have something interesting to put on display, the more the merrier!

As for who is going, then hopefully as many of you as possible! Unfortunately, I won't be there, due to the small matter of my Stag do taking place in Reading on friday night. I was hoping to get back in time for it, but realistically speaking (and knowing who else is going to be there) the chances of me being in a fit state to drive back home the next day are slim to none!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-08-06, 12:54

Mark Barnes wrote:Im prepaired to display but havent been asked so will just sort myself out with my deck chair

M

See post one in this thread Wink Very Happy

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-06, 13:54

I found this from google "Russel House Car Park"

The fundraisers have posted this
The build up to Lifeboat Day and the Air Show has begun. The programme of displays has been finalised and this should be an exciting event for the town and our fundraising!

Weather permitting, up to 15,000 people are expected to line the promenade for this event, so please keep this day free to help with our collecting and associated events.

Please invite family and friends to become involved and if you are members of other organisations, ask your colleagues if they would be willing to help in some way - collecting - selling raffle tickets - even counting money as the day progresses!

The Lifeboat Station will be the optimum viewing area for the aircraft displays and will be one of the best vantage points for the commentary on the programme of events.

*** You should also be aware that parking restrictions will be in place at the boathouse on Lifeboat Day and that the designated car park for RNLI members is Russell House (rear of DCC offices on Churton Road). Car parking here will be available free of charge and is also monitored by CCTV. Anyone with mobility difficulties should be driven to the boathouse early in the day and vehicles moved to the above park as soon as possibl

So models for display need legs and car parking and more legs
We can't all be at the lifeboat station
Just for 1 and half hours
So maybe it is just a bridge too far for John to bring his Lancaster on his own. It needs several volunteers to move these two beasts (John & his Lancaster)
Perhaps next time

Whenever something like this, It needs to be a SMART plan where all the boxes are YES. Otherwise it wont work
S Specific
M Measurable
A Achievable
R Realistic
T Timed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-08-06, 15:40

fair point Andy, I was actualy getting at i thought it had all been side lined he he.

I will have to see what im doing in the morning as i dont really want to be carriying my planes from the car park to the prom while its busy and i think im tied up all morning so will proberbly have to pull out

Sorry guys

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-06, 22:13

Signs made showing restrictions on flying times for Saturday 8th (no flying until after 15:30). I'll put them up tomorrow during the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by melfyn 2009-08-07, 08:33

Given that the nearest parking is some distance from the display area allocated and us not being able to get the cars close by to unload/reload I don't think I'll be taking anything there as I don't fancy carrying an unassembled plane that far nor do I fancy assembling and dissasembling it in the car park ether. No
melfyn
melfyn
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-07, 17:30

thats an arse, there must be some arrangements for the traders?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-08, 15:55

Well I went on the bus. Pitched on the coastal path in front of the old pavilion area
Very slik show. Good flying and, thank goodness, no Dave Bishop.
Captured the Vintage trio ,Stearmans and Spitfire sounds. You just don't get such a good opportunity for doing that. And on my own doorstep too.
I didn't have time to search out the club's pitch. How did it go ? I thought the potential car park we could have used was too far away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-08, 16:37

Well, as far as I could tell the club was grossly overcautious in limiting the flying. But, in my defence I was only passing on the info I was given. As well as the ATZ I was also told that there was a holding area for the display planes South of Pensarn and just East of Abergele. I didn't see any planes over that area or near the field. The nearest a plane got was one of the BBF fighters flew South of the A55 and overflew my house, Southern boundry of Abergele, at about 1500-2000ft. IMO if the display takes place again next year and the factors stay the same we have no need to curtail any flying at the field.
On the other matter of the club display in Rhyl - did anyone go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-08, 18:26

Holding zone
Allan, Yes we could see there was a holding zone during the second part of the show. It was over land accross the open water, directly ine line with the sea wall in front of the old pavillion.
Not all the A/C used it, but certainly both Jet Provosts and the 4 turboprops come from there. The jet provosts each had headlights on and they were very low down. They only showed because the lights showed in the silhouetted dark low lying land behind. Very stealthy.
I am not sure whether if you assume that it is not going to be a problem in future, that the whole club club should take that viiew too.
We do need to have an agreed club opinion.
I for one wouldn't take the risk.
I have to say though Allan, you are the only person I am aware of, who actively did something to ensure we did not present a risk to the pilots in the show.
Well done, for your great pro-active approach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-08-08, 18:59

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Bipe10

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Lanc210

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Spit10

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Spit_b10

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Yak10

Some of the better ones of my phone had a great day
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-08-08, 19:04

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Prov10

Only one ive found on the net so far

Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Bipes10
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-08-08, 21:08

Some (by no means all)of the aircraft did overfly Rhuddlan on their way in to diplay but none at a height to cause problems at our field as Allan has already intimated I think we were a little over cautious with the restrictions. A small number of us flew after 15.30 Wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-09, 00:16

enjoyed the show very much. was a real treat to see the lanc. i didnt venture anywhere near town but stayed at splash point for a less crowded view.

did anyone man our allocated area? i think the parking arrangements put most off, certainly did me. not really sure what the council expected us to do, to quote rich b "somone needs to let the council know that were not playing with airfix kits!!!".

L

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-09, 00:22

managed to snap this What a Face Rhyl Airshow 2009. - Page 3 Leighslanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-08-09, 06:49

We fly Airfix kits !
Rich is right, Model aeroplanes are seen as toys by Councils and the majority outside of the hobby. We are seen, generally, as another version of nutter by them.

"Travellers" and "Train Spotters" get more sympathy and finacial support.
I understand the display space was 3m x 10m. My shed is bigger than that.
I think that tells us how they see us and our requirements.

It is possible to win councils over to see the real picture, particularly when the modellers use council land. Hough End club in Manchester still use the old Manchester Airport site, a grass airfield now converted to 22 football pitches. It is FREE, they can use it every day and they have the grass cut every week BUT NOT when any football matches are on The police horse stables there still have AVRO on the front.

We could do something about that image here in Rhyl. It falls into the category of
"I think it would be a good idea if You did this ......"

Or
Try telling people you play with other peoples organs for them every night ! They hide their children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3