RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Dx7 arrived Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Dx7 arrived Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Dx7 arrived Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Dx7 arrived Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Dx7 arrived Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Dx7 arrived

2 posters

Go down

Dx7 arrived Empty Dx7 arrived

Post by Guest 2010-11-02, 17:27

Hmm well its arrived today, after 2 weeks! But sadly too late to go to Llysfaen Sad
Reading the note that came with it, they couldnt find a fault with it or the Rx (which is worring as there clearly was while flying!!)
Anyways they have given me a brand new Rx (AR6200) free of charge as a replacement for the old one and have given the Dx7 an RF re-program like last time, lets just hope this time things are ok as it is the 2nd time something like this has happend!
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Dx7 arrived Empty Re: Dx7 arrived

Post by Tim 2010-11-02, 23:33

It does rather sound as though the fault may well be elsewhere then young sir. Radio gear is complex stuff and sometimes things happen that just cant be explained - how sure are you that the installation was sound, and the supply battery / BEC supply / thumbs etc were spot on
Wink
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 08:01

The Tx and Rx were not binding, I did check every conection and it all seemed sound, the Rx install was as per instructions (Rx antenae facing differant directions)
Isnt a BEC only for electric models?
and thumbs?
-
Thanks
-
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 11:36

Sam don't know whether this helps,there is a correct procedure to follow so that Binding takes place.If you don't do it exactly the Tx/Rx will not bind.I know from experience

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 13:35

Yes BEC is on leccy models, but I dont know which model(s) it was that you had the issues with.
If it hadnt bound correctly, then it simply wont respond at all - ever.
The binding is only ever done once - on the bench - at home - before the model gets anywhere near the flying site. Its a once only procedure for each and every model. Once the bind of a particular model to its mated transmitter is done - it will NOT just lose bind all by itself. A bind plug must be inserted to the battery/bind socket, and the TX bind button must be held in whilst the system is powered up.
In all my years and many models on Spekky systems, none of my models has ever just lost bind without reason.
We had a situation a few months back with Martys model refusing to respond to his Tx, and couldnt figure why. In the end we re-bound it, and it was fine. Several minutes later we remembered that I had previously - temporarily - bound it to my TX whilst it was in my workshop...so obviously, it then needed re-binding with his.
Please remember that when preparing to fly, you MUST switch on your Tx first - then wait a least 5 -10 seconds before switching on the model, ( to give the Tx time to scan, acquire, and lock onto 2 free channels ) and you may still then have to wait a few seconds longer before the rx "sees" the GUID signal from its own Tx, before the two talk to each other. This will be normally be accompanied by a "twitch" of the servos, and you should confirm that they are talking to each by twiddling the sticks and confirming all is responding correctly. This delay whilst they sort out comms between themselves each time is perfectly normal, and is NOT the same delay experienced as the initial binding procedure. Once that initial response has been confirmed, you are good to go. This is not of course to say that other problems could not then occur, such as loss of signal (NOT the same as losing bind), or brown out ( NOT the same as losing bind ), failed battery, or one of many other possible failures of the onboard equipment - these things happen sometimes..... and likewise, we sometimes never actually find the cause!
I have assisted many people with these sorts of issues, and in every case, its been found to be down to some sort of operator error as above.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-11-03, 14:00

Tim, sometimes the bind process is performed more than once, for example, on receivers that store the position of all servos at binding as "failsafe" or power on positions.

So you would do your first bind, set the model up, maybe even test fly it, then re-bind to set the failsafe/power on servo settings.

If you ever see someone who's control surfaces jump about when you power the model up, it is because they haven't done this re-binding (usually)

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 14:06

Yes fair point about the failsafe setting "bind" - I never actually bother with this stage TBH - my spekky receivers only ever operate a true failsafe on throttle channel all others simply "hold last known good"- and I let my ESC handle any signal loss by it just shutting throttle.
But what I was trying to illustrate to Sam was that once the bind is done...it shouldnt ever "lose bind" without some user intervention Rolling Eyes
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 15:40

But I flew it 3-4 times before hand and it was fine, on the power up after I experienced the gliutching for a range check, it just wouldnt connect to the Tx on power up, there was no orange light or anything, but it was making a humming noise as the servos had power

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 19:29

Then surely that should have been enough to warn you that something was wrong
no steady orange light on the rx means its not happy,
slow flashing indicates there has been a brown out,
.... and rapid flashing means its in bind mode.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 19:31

Well It only refused to show the light when I tryed to range check it after I landed it after the glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 19:37

ANYWAYS!!!
What matters is that it should be sorted with the re-program and new Rx, Yes I know how to bind, and when to bind as I have read the instruction booklet and I have owend it for nearly a year now.
Sureley if it was a poor instalation, the problem would of occourd on the first flight, not the 5th or 6th as I didnt change anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-11-03, 19:50

If only things were as simple as that Sam - as i said, it could have been any one of a number of things that only manifested itself on that flight.
S**t happens as they say.
Your remark reminds me of the wife, who, when telling me that the washing machine has packed up, after a brief pause, says........
"well it was alright yesterday!" LOL
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-11-03, 19:55

LOL haha now that made me laugh!!!
Yep Boild potatoes happens! Ive just got to count myself lucky that it decided to pitch upwards and go wide open, not downwards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down