RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Great Orme session today Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Great Orme session today Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Great Orme session today Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Great Orme session today Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Great Orme session today Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Great Orme session today

2 posters

Go down

Great Orme session today Empty Great Orme session today

Post by Tim 2010-10-17, 21:23

Arrived just after lunch to a packed car park, with a large Stoke and Tyldesly contingent hogging the air. We soon had more up there enjoying the great lift and cracking weather than attend most fly-ins!
Had some great combat action with Jem, BB, Andy Threadgold et al, but my day was soured when Richie's Micro-floh lost all radio contact whilst I was on the sticks :-(
Shame too, as it was really zapping along in the strong lift......It was high and far when I lost all contact towards the bottom of a large and fast loop - and all I could do was watch it disappear from view .
The gear is all good - apart from a missing battery ( no wonder it stopped responding ) Shocked - but the airframe is a gonna.
Thanks Jem for joining me on the long walk down to almost sea level and for the oxygen tank to help me back up again.
Sorry Rich ....but it was literally out of my control Embarassed
The new racer SR1 I am happy to report had no such problems, and after a few circuits - I am hooked - and may well be in the queue when production goes into full swing - well done Rich... nice one.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Great Orme session today Empty Re: Great Orme session today

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-10-18, 08:42

Yeah was a cracking afternoon,

Real shame about Richies Micro Floh, I was really enjoying mine by my last flight of the day (planes 4th in total) i was reet in the swing of it batting up and down the slope. Only bad light stoped play.

My Weasal was struggleing abit with the blow and as a result now requires 2 new Elevons to be cut and i knackared both of them in the combat slot.

As said here and elswere SR-1 is fab, really enjoyed my play with that. There was some cracking models up on the hill, and nice to see some old faces enjoying the lift.

Cant wait to get back up there
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum