RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale

Go down

JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale Empty JIm Fox Me-163 Komet for sale

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-06-25, 16:10

Afternoon all,

After the speed bug has well and truly bitten, I bought myself a proper F5d model, and relegated my Jim Fox Me-163 Komet to shelf queen. So, I have decided to sell it. It was built about 18-24 months ago, and has been well looked after. The kit itself is all composite, and is in almost immaculate condition. It is finished in a Green/brown camo scheme, with pale blue undersides. I have put some vinyl stripes on the underside to provide some much needed constrast! The wings are hollow moulded sandwich affairs, and are removable from the fuselage (I never bother, as it is not a big model anyway). There are three carbon spars/joiners for strength. I have fitted Hitec HS 5125MG servos, on the elevons, and they have been faultless, with minimal play in the gearboxes too. The fuselage has the optional rudder fitted, and that is powered by a hitec HS5085Mg.

The motor fitted is a Mega 16/15/25, and this is powered by a Castle Creations Phoenix 45 ESC. There is also a Turnigy switching BEC fitted to power the servos. The Setup is such that you can fly on a 3s lipo pack (3000mAh or so), and fit something like an 8x6 or 9x6 prop, or fit a 6s pack, and use a 5.5x5.5 or 6x6 prop (2000mAh packs). Both work really well, but the 6s pack gives much more power, and speed Smiley The current draw on 6s is approx 40 amps, (approx 750 watts!), which gives truly ballistic performance. There is currently a Spektrum AR6200 receiver fitted.

If that isn't enough for you, the model also has a alloy Rocket motor tube fitted at the rear. This tube accepts standard 24mm diameter rocket motors (eg Estes D or E class, or Aerotech 24mm class motors). There is also a remote ignition switch fitted for igniting the motor in flight. You can also fit smoke cartridges in this tube if required. The ignition switch uses a seperate pack for safety. A Estes D class motor gives an impressive boost of speed for a short duration, and is a fantastic attention grabber! Fitting a smoke cartidge also looks impressive. The rocket tube is braced to the rear spar.

In total there is over £500 tied up in this model, as I have used the best equipment for the job. I'm happy to accept offers around £300. If you don't want any of the items in this model (like the rx, or motor) make me an offer.

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum