RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Andys Micro Cassut racer

Go down

Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty Andys Micro Cassut racer

Post by Guest 2009-01-29, 00:19

Cmon Andy drop some details in. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Andys Micro Cassut racer Empty Re: Andys Micro Cassut racer

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-01-29, 14:27

Okey dokey!

Not much to it really. I saw a thread on the 3DRC forum just before Christmas with a link to a little EPP airframe design that had been posted on teh RCgroups.com forum. The model is a 1/10th scale (sort of!) model of a Cassutt monoplane. I liked the look of it, so I decided to build one! The full size Cassutt is not huge (wingspan of 15 feet), so this model is pretty small! It is designed for indoors, or outdoors on a calm-ish day.

The construction is reasonably easy, being from 3mm and 5mm EPP sheet, with a smattering of carbon and ply reinforcement. Controls are aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle and I will be using some little 4gram servos, an 18g motor, and a spektrum AR6300 receiver. Nice and light!

The build thread on RCgroups can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852575&highlight=mini+cassutt

I have done a few minor modifications to the plans, mainly to ensure they are accurate. I wasn't going to spend hours and hours cutting out templates to cut the parts out, and after a suitable offering to R&DMFC God of Laser Cutting, I had three sets of parts cut out nice and accurately in less than 30 minutes!

That's as far as I have got so far, but looking at the forecast for the weather this weekend, I should be able to start building then. In the meantime, if anyone wants a set of the EPP parts, give me a shout!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-10, 19:57

have you built yours yet andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-02-10, 20:23

Not yet, no Sad I havent had much spare time recently, been stuck in work and whatnot. I'm "working at home" on friday though, so I may be forced to build it then!

Oh, and I've got no paint for EPP yet, and it would be Criminal to leave it white!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-10, 22:56

can use any paint on epp. good ol halfords

Back to top Go down