RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
THe Orme today Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
THe Orme today Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
THe Orme today Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
THe Orme today Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
THe Orme today Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

THe Orme today

3 posters

Go down

THe Orme today Empty THe Orme today

Post by Guest 2010-04-30, 16:18

There I was tootling along towards Llandudno when the peace was shattered by the sound of a large motorcycle with a LARGE white box strapped on the back. I gave chase and arrived on the slope to find Timbo enjoying himself. Soon the peace was again shattered as Marty arrived having traveled the free route
The Xeno was soon assembled and launched but unfortunately the ground crew had hooked up the elevator in reverse and a hard landing resulting in a re kitted glider. Crying or Very sad Half an hour with some weave tape had it back in the air and flying well despite Timbo trying to kill it by flying into the edge Twisted Evil (if any one finds a wing tip its Marty`s) The rain came on about 2ish but not before I had a go at mode 1 with Timbos Wild thing. Weird is the best way to describe it but I managed a flight and landing despite trying to flair out with the throttle Exclamation Exclamation
which was of course where my elevator would normally be Smile Smile Smile I am sticking with mode 2.

DaveS

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

THe Orme today Empty Re: THe Orme today

Post by Guest 2010-04-30, 16:41

Sounds like fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-04-30, 16:54

'twas fun indeed. I think we can safely say Marty wont be making that particular error again THe Orme today Icon_biggrin
Anyway...just in case, remeber mate
Pull the stick back and the elevons should go UP! THe Orme today Icon_eek
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-04-30, 16:58

Chicks dig Mode 2 pilots.....

Glad you had a good time up on the Orme, whilst us lot slave away in the office Sad

Anyone heading up there this weekend for a flying session? I've got a free reign this weekend, as SWMBO is studying for an exam. Wooohooo! If anyone is planning a session on the Orme, give me a shout!

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-04-30, 17:05

Afraid the wind forecast is all wrong for Sunday and monday, and those venturing up there at all, should remember that its the llandudno 3 day carnival, with closed streets and zillions of tourists invading the place.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-04-30, 17:09

If the winds right and the rain holds off I am up for Sunday and I think that Brent has a Wild Thing ready to rock and roll.

DaveS Very Happy Very Happy

Bugger just seen Tims post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty 2010-04-30, 17:21

Tim wrote:Afraid the wind forecast is all wrong for Sunday and monday, and those venturing up there at all, should remember that its the llandudno 3 day carnival, with closed streets and zillions of tourists invading the place.
RATS! THe Orme today Icon_evil , I was gonna maiden my Wild Thing! (Chicks LOVE Wild Things THe Orme today Icon_wink )

I'm glad my Foopah has given at least somone a smile LOL, I had taken the rx out of my Xeno to try the complicated electric harness that tim has made for the Wildthing, I plonked the rx back in the xeno this morning before leaving for the Orme. Tim said to me "Now you're sure you've got everything working in the right sense?" - "'course I have" ... nothing worse than an old "young pilot" (except maybe a young, "young pilot" THe Orme today Icon_rolleyes ).
So bring on the humour THe Orme today Icon_clown THe Orme today Lol
Marty
Marty

RDMFC Bonus points : 1196

http://oddballcustomart.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum