RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Multiplex Xeno for sale.

Go down

Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty Multiplex Xeno for sale.

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-04-29, 16:51

Afternoon all.

Anyone interested in buying an almost pristine Multiplex Xeno? I've decided that it isn't really my cup of tea, and it is clogging the back of my van up. It has been really well built (by me!) with the multiplex recommended metal gear servos (MPX tiny MG) and comes with a little bit iffy paintjob on the underside. It was supposed to be red and white stripes, but it turns out it was more of a cross between shocking pink, and red. It will easily cover up with another colour, or even sand off though.

I have the plastics for the glider version, and also the MPX tuning powerset components too. There is no motor/esc though, just the plastic bits, folding prop/spinner etc. You just need to fit a motor and esc.

The only damage to the whole thing is the driveshaft in the powereset. It is a carbon rod that is slowly crumbling away nicely. Basically the MPX designers messed up, and supplied a rubbish bit of carbon, instead of a decent steel tube. It is a well known failure, and according to Multiplex, they will supply a replacement as soon as they have sourced them (any time now infact). That said, I honestly thing it makes a better sloper than a power model.

Oh, I also have an offical multiplex carry case for it, which makes you look "Bang on Trend" as a certain club member would say.

There is about £125 worth of bits (£22 servo each, £50 kit, £25 Carry bag, and a few quid for the powereset excluding motor/ESC). All you need to do is add a receiver, ESC, motor and battery (and paintjob if you don't like my crap attempt) and you can be flying a Xeno. I'm after £60 for it.....

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Multiplex Xeno for sale. Empty Re: Multiplex Xeno for sale.

Post by Guest 2010-04-29, 17:32

I've sent you pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-04-29, 17:38

And it's now sold!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum