RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Nice little session for a few of us tonight

3 posters

Go down

Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty Nice little session for a few of us tonight

Post by Tim 2010-04-26, 22:36

JB and I managed to get a few more photos of my latest mag project ....
" Converting an IC model to Electric".
The Seagull Spacewalker 63" and 6.5lb AUW version flew very well on her new battery, ( 4s 4000, with 480 Kv motor and 16 x 8 Zinger prop ) but ever the perfectionist, John has just emailed to say that he is not
happy with the flying shots - the light was poor.
Purely by co-incidence, Mike Steed was there with his 84" version ( 26cc petrol powered ) done in almost the exact same livery. It too flew very nicely.
We grabbed a couple of shots of them together on the ground - I think the one where we see Mike cleaning all the gunge off after flying might just make the mag Nice little session for a few of us tonight Icon_biggrin
Brian was beating up the sky nicely with his lovely big Sukhoi, and Andy was exercising his throwing arm on his side-arm launch glider. Mark arrived with the rainbow lander Hunter, which amazingly managed a pretty decent ROG despite its tiny wheels.
We wont mention the landing ( well the first one was good, but the rubber version afterwards could be easily forgotten Nice little session for a few of us tonight Icon_eek ) Flew very nicely, and the lights are impressive also.
JB had a flight with his trusty old Astro Hog, but the pilot lost his head.... unlike John, who stayed his usual cool self throughout his flight.
I flew the Sukhoi SU47 stealth experimental machine ( well alright then the rippy alienator) and its powerplant transplant back to the Mk1's original mega 22/20/3 inrunner has seen a noticeable increase in performance. Mind you at around 200 watts per pound, its not really surprising.
So all told, the few who ventured down enjoyed some good fun, until re-fuelling beckoned at around 7.30Pm, so we all went home for dinner Nice little session for a few of us tonight Icon_biggrin
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty Re: Nice little session for a few of us tonight

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-04-27, 07:46

yep was a good evening, nice to see a few faces

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Nice little session for a few of us tonight Empty Re: Nice little session for a few of us tonight

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-04-27, 10:47

Indeed, it was nice to have a couple of hours down at the field. I spent about 40 minutes re-programming my Graphite into my TX after last years infamous memory wiping incident. I was going to give it a test flight to check the trims and compensation mixes, but after the failsafe kicked in whilst progrmaming and bust the prop, I decided not to Smile

Marks Hunter looked pretty good in the air too, and it was nice to see that he has been taking landing lessons from me Wink

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-04-27, 14:17

ok ok i balsed up the landing, I blame the reward cog

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-04-27, 14:19

Is that the same as Nectar points? Nice little session for a few of us tonight Icon_biggrin
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum