RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Another lipo fire burns down a house.

2 posters

Go down

Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty Another lipo fire burns down a house.

Post by Guest 2010-02-26, 14:00

I hate seeing these things,makes me nervous when charging.
Looks like the guy lost everything after he walked away from a lipo he was charging.
Don't know any details about make of lipo and charger he was using but I'm gonna be extra safe now.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=194957
Please don't leave anything unatended while charging.
This is the 3rd one I've seen in as many months from charging lipo's unatended.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty Re: Another lipo fire burns down a house.

Post by Brian Colclough 2010-02-26, 14:55

Well Danny I don't like to see anyone losing their property or worse still life and limb but this guy all but admits charging the lipo (unattended) at 2C so to a large degree was responsible for his own downfall.
Here at home when I look around at what I've got in and around the house and do if you like a risk assesment it's not so good No I've got insurance but having had a fire previously and gone through the claim process, it's a nightmare, I reckon there's any number of loopholes an insurance assesor could and probably would drive a coach and horses through should I have another claim now Suspect Anyways I ain't going to put myself in an early grave worrying about it just keep the smoke detectors working and don't charge lipos unattended Wink

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Another lipo fire burns down a house. Empty Re: Another lipo fire burns down a house.

Post by Guest 2010-02-26, 18:43

Lucky I dont have anything that charges a lipo over 1a!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-02-26, 20:28

the key is Unatended. I have for years charged at 2c particualy at shows and indoor events with never a problem (although wouldnt recomend it) with never a problem.

I will keep an eye on them even when charging at 0.5c, all about being safe, more likley to roll a car on the way home from flying than to burn your house down

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-02-26, 20:37

Mine get charged on the hearth in the lounge so I can keep an eye on them. I must admit to only charging at .5 C to save the cells.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum