RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Gyro gain values. Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Gyro gain values. Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Gyro gain values. Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Gyro gain values. Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Gyro gain values. Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Gyro gain values.

2 posters

Go down

Gyro gain values. Empty Gyro gain values.

Post by Guest 2010-01-31, 15:38

OK so I've just replaced the Align gyro on my 450 pro with the new Spartan Quark and a 9257 tail servo when I noticed something interesting that applies to all gyros.
The gain setting on different controllers is very different for example,
Futaba using the gyro menu if you put in 30% gain then it gives you 30% true gyro gain.
JR/Spektrum if you use the gear channel travel adjust 30% gives you 20.8%.
So what you see is not the true gain value for JR/Spektrum.
Here's the formula I've found online.
JR/Spektrum if using the gear channel take the number and divide it by 1.44.
If using the gyro menu then take the number and minus it by 50 then multiply that number by 1.44.
I hovered it for the first time yesterday and needed 29% on gear which is 20.1% true gain which is too low so I've moved the ball link in to 7.5mm from 8.5mm which should allow the gain to go a bit higher.
To summarise,
gear value /1.44=true gain.
Gyro value-50 x 1.44=True gain.
Sorry if this is boring thread,I just like to share these things.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Gyro gain values. Empty Re: Gyro gain values.

Post by Guest 2010-01-31, 16:01

Hi Danny, not sure whats going on there as the gear channel should give you linear gain using if memory serves a possitive value for normal and a negative value for heading hold.
This assumes the gain is set using the throttle ATV.
Problems occur when you use the gyro sense in auto mode whem then 0 to 50 will be heading hold and 50 tro 100 is normal mode.
For a required gain of say 25%/normal mode you would set a possitve value of 25% if using the gear ATV or 62.5.% if using auto gyro sense.

Think of it this way, In auto gyro sense mode you have 50 increments above 50 which equate to 0 to 100 %gain or 2%gain per increment.
The same below 50 for Heading hold.

I always set a heli up using the gear channel to adjust the gain then when happy transfer to the gyro menue as this means you can have gain set for each flight mode.

As Andy is fond of saying I could draw it easier than explain it. Perhaps he will lend me his white board some time

Good fun these helicopters

DaveS Very Happy Very Happy
Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-01-31, 23:14

A whiteboard? Pah! I only work with blackboards and chalk for explaining things, none of these new fangled whiteboard rubbish! Oh, you are welcome to borrow it too.....

I thought it was all irrelevant anywAy, when it comes to gyro gains, is it not just a case of adjusting it until it is behaving how you want, and leaving it there?

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-02-01, 17:47

Hya mate,what I mean is that as the gear channels endpoints go from -150 to +150 with the +150% set then the gyro will be at 100%.
Basically on my 450 it has been that about 30% seems to be optimum and I've now discovered that 30% on my gear channel has not been true gain,it has been around 20% true gain and according to spartan if your gain is less than 35% true gain then you need to go in a bit on the servo horn link.
Here's a good link,about halfway down the page there is a video post by Finnless going into detail on different radios.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=176987&page=16
And this is the instructions from the website with a chart for different radios.Checkout page 15.
http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/quark/userguide/index.html
Quite interesting stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-02-01, 18:10

I just give um Dave and get them back when they work Gyro gain values. Icon_rolleyes
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-02-01, 22:20

All gobbeldy gooch to me TBH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down