RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Scale and Electric day Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Scale and Electric day Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Scale and Electric day Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Scale and Electric day Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Scale and Electric day Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Scale and Electric day

4 posters

Go down

Scale and Electric day Empty Scale and Electric day

Post by Guest 2009-09-03, 11:22

Just noticed whilst fileing my newsletters that the issue 2 of the newsletter has this event down for the 13th September whilst the club web site has it on the 6th. Is it this weekend or the next one Question

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Scale and Electric day Empty Re: Scale and Electric day

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-09-03, 11:41

scratch I don't know Dave, the dates I posted on the website were passed to me at the begining of the season. The forecast for this Sunday looks good for wellies and kites so perhaps it would be better on the 13th scratch Who knows Question

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by melfyn 2009-09-03, 12:24

It is supposed to be this Sunday, but as Brian has already said the weather forecast is not good so maby it will have to be next Sunday instead. Rolling Eyes
melfyn
melfyn
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-03, 12:35

A firm decision on this ASAP would be good. The forum members could be informed of a change but what about the rest of the club Question

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-09-03, 12:41

Is this event "closed to club" or an open one Question

Brian Colclough

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-03, 13:18

PASS

DAveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-04, 00:47

As no comment to the contary has been posted by the comittee I assume that the above event will be going ahead this Sunday weather permiting.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-09-04, 08:06

Hi Folks,

Missed this one earlier, sorry. Embarassed

Right, the Scale and Electric day was due to be held on Sunday 6th Sept. No idea why there was another error in the newsletter, perhaps it's time we moved away from a distributed newsletter, and instead uploaded PDF's to the club website or similar. That's a discussion for another day (and another thread!) though. Feel free to start one Wink

I've had a look at a couple of weather forecasts, and it doesn't look too bad for Sunday. The wind should have dropped a bit, although there is the risk of the odd shower around lunchtime.

So, if people can pass the message on to non-forumites, friends, guests, family etc, and tell them that they are all welcome to pop down to the field for a fly or three! I'm going to aim to be there for about 10am-ish. Not sure if I'll be able to stay all day, I've shedloads of work on at the moment.

If the weather does turn out alright, then I'll make a trip to Sainsburies for some barbeque supplies too Smile I'll wait and see the turnout first though!

See you then!
Andy

PS. the "electric and scale" idea is only a suggestion. If you tell me that your Trex 600 is a scale model of a Trex 700, I'll beleive you Twisted Evil
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-09-04, 12:53

Hi Andy and thanks for the response. With regard to your statement below,

PS. the "electric and scale" idea is only a suggestion. If you tell me that your Trex 600 is a scale model of a Trex 700, I'll beleive you Twisted Evil[/quote]

I spoke to Zaid (the other T Rex 600 flyer in the club) a few days ago we both intend to bring our scale helicopters and electric aircraft only on Sunday and do not require any special dispensation.

I thought the idea was to promote scale and electric models.

Hope the weather gods play ball.

I am happy to help with BBQ duties as well Very Happy

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-09-04, 12:59

I`ll be bringing my edge as its 25% scale of the full size he he
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-09-04, 13:22

I've got a gentlemen's agreement with the Weather Gods, Dave! Smile They tell me they will try to oblige with some decent weather, but it all depends on how much swearing I do tomorrow...

Promoting scale and electric stuff was the general idea yes, but to be honest, I would rather see a good turnout at the field, regardless of what is being flown Smile

I'm hopefully going to be maidening a new toy that should make the Komet look a bit slow Wink

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2009-09-04, 13:24

Is the day open to all or just club members ? (still no answer) and secondly is it open to all ELECTRIC and all SCALE models

Brian Colclough

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2009-09-04, 14:34

Bri first question i dont know the answer to last year it was open to non members,

Secound question yes All electric and all scale so an electric foamy is good
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2009-09-04, 14:45

Andy Sayle wrote:
So, if people can pass the message on to non-forumites, friends, guests, family etc, and tell them that they are all welcome to pop down to the field for a fly or three!

Sunday is open to allcomers, as I mentioned in my previous post. Well, the post before the previous one anyway Smile

As for what you fly, then if it is either electric OR scale, brilliant. If it is Electric AND scale, I'll personally shake your hand. There may even be a hug for the "model of the day" as judged by me Shocked If it is neither Electric, nor Scale, then come for a fly anyway. I'm quite confident in saying that we are not going to be overcrowded Wink

The Idea of the Electric and Scale day, was originally to be just an electric day (and have the scale day as a seperate event). It was supposed to try and get people interested in electric models, and encourage people to consider it for new models. Concerns were raised about "excluding" IC flyers from the Event, so teh electric day, and Scale day, was merged, hence opening it out a bit, and hopefully appealing to more of the club, whilst still allowing the electric/scale devotees to showcase their models.

We'll see how succesful it is on Sunday, based on how full the pits are Smile

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down