RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
What to do!! Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
What to do!! Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
What to do!! Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
What to do!! Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
What to do!! Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

What to do!!

+3
Allan Patrick
Andy Sayle
Mark Barnes
7 posters

Go down

What to do!! Empty What to do!!

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-03-26, 19:57

As most know im not the most enthuiastic builder/finisher in the world but latley i just cant be botherd, i keep going in the gararge and looking at all the great things i have but find myself thinking whats the point!

Dont know if its just the weather or busy work or what, but i just carnt get motivated to do anything, used the small car excuse most of last year and now i have a proper (insert R-over joke here) car and the weather is improving i still cant be bothered to do anything.

Dave,Brent, leigh and Charlie`s indoor sesions have stoped me going totaly mad over the winter but i think im stuck in the rut of flying indoor, Took one of my yaks out today to try and drum up some enthusiasm but got home to nothing. I havent even turned the sim on for a month or so and thats defo not like me

WHATS WRONG WITH ME LOL!!!! or do i just need a day at the feild to get over the thumb rust

M (who has disided drink is the answer)
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

What to do!! Empty Re: What to do!!

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-03-26, 20:09

Nowt wrong with you, I have similar periods just like that. What usually sorts me out, isa bit of a break, followed by one really good flying session. My last break was working on my Van the back end of last year. Of course, it may just be a knock to the head that is causing the lack of enthusiasm!

The rubbish weather doesn't help (nor does having to work when the weather is semi decent!) but it will pick up soon Smile

I might have a session with the Jet tomorrow if the weather holds. Fancy a go?

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-03-26, 21:46

I would like to come, haven't seen the jet in a while, and I can have a proper look at it this time!
But I am having a jam with a friend of mine and then Im going out for an airsoft war, maby sunday?

Last edited by Sam Thomas on 2010-03-26, 21:47; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Patrick 2010-03-26, 21:46

My solution is to determine I'm going to do a tiny bit. Even if its an exceedingly tiny bit, I'll do it. Sometimes this has been nothing more than to iron down a loose corner of film!
Allan Patrick
Allan Patrick
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1842

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty 2010-03-27, 04:51

Mark, My advice to you is what I do when I go through "Dry" periods ( Shocked ) with my airbrushing ....... I try to make a point of staying away from my airbrush station and chastise my self if I even think about it for at least a week, I avoid the airbrush forums and websites. For me, "absence make the heart grow fonder".
Alternitively, get together with some mate's and go on a bender! (thats the best way! LOL) clown
Marty
Marty

RDMFC Bonus points : 1196

http://oddballcustomart.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-03-27, 10:03

Hi Mark
Sounds like an attack of the blues.
Reminds me of a joke:-
The Great Grimaldi
A famous 'sad clown' anecdote was first told of Grimaldi (later also told of Grock): A young man goes to see his doctor. He is overcome by a terrible sadness and doesn't think anything will make him feel better. The doctor says, "Why not do something happy, like going to see Grimaldi the clown?". The young man answers, with a knowing look, "Ah, but Doctor", he says, "I am Grimaldi."

More recently, feeling similar, I was reminded :- do something for someone else, to make their day go well.
PQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-03-27, 10:33

There is one simple answer to this.
Go shopping,oh yes.
If you can't get motivated then go and buy something that you really want to fly. Smile
This should work for most people.
Give it a try.
Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Colclough 2010-03-27, 10:55

No wonder you're depressed Mark, I've just realised Andy's got a crush on you affraid

Brian Colclough

RDMFC Bonus points : 4736

http://www.imacuk.co.uk/   http://www.rdmfc.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-03-27, 11:25

I get like this too Mark - and havent found a solution that works every time. Sometimes, I just have to wait it out, and then the boredom of not flying /building/repairingforces me back! Of course, you dont really need me to tell you that the real problem is lack of Orme action!
I am just off up there right now, Jart Lt, Hawk, Slipstream and WT46 all ready for a good session. Not a prop in sight Cool
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-03-27, 11:57

Orme is were im heading too, first time in nearly 18months

See you there

M
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

What to do!! Empty O dear but don't worry Mark

Post by John Bow 2010-03-29, 20:28

Hi Mark,
Glad you enjoyed your day on The Orme but Regarding the "Builders Block" do not worry.
I had a similer bad time in 1960 when I discovered motorbikes and girls in only lasted about nine years the first time, my enthusiasm returned in 1970 but I lost it again in 1979, this time I only lost it for about six years so it seems to improve.

So as I said do not worry, the best thing is to sell all of your gear at a low price, makes it easier. Better still give it all away to a retired older aeromodelling friend, this will make you feel even better. You will then really enjoy buying it all back again at a later date.

I will be at home all day tomorrow if you wish to call?

Looking forward to seeing you,
Your old friend
John

John Bow

RDMFC Bonus points : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-03-29, 23:36

Now with even your old aeromodelling friends giving you such good advice, how could you fail to respond?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum