RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Brand New Model Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Brand New Model Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Brand New Model Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Brand New Model Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Brand New Model Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Brand New Model

5 posters

Go down

Brand New Model Empty Brand New Model

Post by Peter S 2010-02-12, 15:19

Thought you might like to hear about my new model.( not quite as spectacular as some of the models now being mentioned or flown)

It was like hen's teeth to find, but I have found a brand new kit and is being sent from a model shop in South Wales. cheers

The model is the old Veron Impala kit, and is like a solid flying brick, but it does fly well no matter the weather, that is high or light winds even though it is 2 channel.
(mode one of course)

Looking forward to building it and flying it at the Orme with a Gum-Cam Very Happy

Peter
Peter S
Peter S
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 174

Back to top Go down

Brand New Model Empty Re: Brand New Model

Post by Mark Barnes 2010-02-12, 16:03

Very nice Peter, keep us all informed on the build
Mark Barnes
Mark Barnes
Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-02-12, 16:22

Don't forget to take some pictures of the build too. I'm sure everyone will be keen to see them, especially if it is made from that new fangled Sliced and Dried tree..... Shocked

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by melfyn 2010-02-12, 18:14

Might be worth building one from scratch from the plan and hanging on to the kit as it will be worth a bit in a few years time.
I still have happy memories of my Impala. It stood a lot of abuse including two mid airs. Smile
melfyn
melfyn
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-02-12, 18:45

The first radio model I ever saw fly was a Veron Impala with a 1.5cc diesel fitted on a pod above thw wing, radio was a SIMPROP 2+1 and It belonged to a guy called Derrick Jones in Llandudno who later went on to open a model shop opposite "bog island" in Llandudno. The shop called DJ`s Models and Hobbies only lasted a couple of years but in the mid seventees was a mecca for the local modelers. Does anyone else remember it.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter S 2010-02-13, 11:37

Dave
When I was trying to locate the "Impala" kit I rang a number of established model shops to see if they had or knew of a good alternative kit,I was amazed at the number of the owners saying that the "Impala" was their first plane.

Can members of the club remember their first model plane and maybe comment on it
or even recommend it as an enjoyable memory?

Peter
Peter S
Peter S
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-02-13, 12:13

My first model was a "Bigwig" built from a kit of parts that Eric Brooks from Rowen used to make up. It was from a plan by MAP and I think the plan is still available from X Plans.
It was a shoulder wing model of I thing araound 72 inch span and I flew it with a Skyleader SLX 6 channel set. Original motor was a Merco 61 later replaced with a Webra speed 61 which was run in using the Bigwig as a test airframe before going in my first Gangster 63.
It flew very well, was fully airobatic and once set up on finals would land itself.

DaveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy 2010-02-13, 14:00

melfyn wrote:Might be worth building one from scratch from the plan and hanging on to the kit as it will be worth a bit in a few years time.
I still have happy memories of my Impala. It stood a lot of abuse including two mid airs. Smile

Melfyn is right you no check out this link:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-VERON-52-IMPALA-RADIO-CONTROLLED-GLIDER-PLANE_W0QQitemZ290395481962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item439ceb676a

Roy
Roy
Roy
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 715

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down