» Paul Quinn
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm by Brian Colclough

» Deganwy Castle
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm by Mark Barnes

» Taking flight: the future of drones in the UK
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 pm by Gary M Jones

Saturday 7/7/18

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:07 pm by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

BMFA Achievement scheme

Go down

BMFA Achievement scheme

Post by Mark Barnes on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm

After a few discussions and questions i thought id post a BMFA Achievement scheme guide for you all to look at

Although I'm always happy to answer your questions most of what you need can be found on the BMFA Achievement website http://achievements.bmfa.org

The Program

All "tests" in the scheme follow the same basic layout so no matter if you trying your first crack at a basic proficiency cert, an A or your a hardened flier going for a B or C, all tests follow the same basic program

-Practise and Revision, I can tell you what to do but i can't do it for you.
-Pre flight checks
-Flying the test
-Post Flight checks
-Mandatory questions
-Another set of safety questions
-Pass Certs and cheers from your fellow fliers

Have a look through he website above and you will see whats required, the key is to be safe and not rushed. It may seem daunting at first but there really not to bad if you put a little effort in before hand. The questions may seem tough and pointless but each one if there because of the Law or to keep you and your fellow man safe.

If you want to know anything in particular or need a helping hand just shout on here, or Whattsapp or catch me down the filed.

Ta M

Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8235

Back to top Go down

Re: BMFA Achievement scheme

Post by Mark Barnes on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:30 pm

The BMFA Achievement Scheme Fixed Wing A Cert (as I've been asked)

The flying part of the test is as follows

1. Pre flight Checks
2.Take off and complete a left (or right) hand circuit and overfly the    take-off area.
3.Fly a "figure of eight" course with the cross-over in front of the pilot, height to be constant.
4.Fly a rectangular circuit and approach with appropriate use of the throttle and perform a landing on the designated landing area.
5.Take off and complete a left (or right) hand circuit and overfly the take-off area
6.Fly a rectangular circuit at a constant height in the opposite direction to the landing circuit in (4) above
7.Perform a simulated deadstick landing with the engine at idle, beginning at a safe height (approx. 200 feet) over the take-off area, the landing to be made in a safe manner on the designated landing area.
8.Remove model and equipment from the take-off/landing area
9. Carry out post flight safety checks

You will not have to remember the moves as each one will be called by the examiner, it does not need to be flow as a aerobatic routine each figure can be flown individually but i the same flight.

The designated landing zone is the strip.

Im more than happy to run through this or any test with members as and when they wish (if I'm at the filed of course) Im not going come and ask you to do it if you want me to just ask
Ta M

Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8235

Back to top Go down