RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
    Bought A toy Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
    Bought A toy Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
    Bought A toy Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
    Bought A toy Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
    Bought A toy Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Bought A toy

4 posters

Go down

Bought A toy Empty Bought A toy

Post by Neil 2013-10-17, 23:48

Not been on here for a while, or even at the field over summer much, Due to personal circumstances
    At the start of the week I was off work, so took a drive to revolution models , to get a couple of parts & fuel for the heli's and came back with this.
    Bought A toy 2013-10-17222819

I built it Tues night, had a play with the software on Wednesday as couldn't test it because weather was sh1te.

Been Out tonight. Got a few battery's through and It bloody shifts in manual mode didn't realize how fast these things where....could have some fun when get used to flying it..Very Happy

But do have some questions for the seasoned Heli boys (soz mean multicopter mark & Rich Laughing )

<<< SPEC >>>

DJI F550

Naza M V2 & GPS

I'm Running 10inch props

Two 2200 mah 3s in parallel (my trex 450 bats the only ones I had).

I Need new lipos so should I stick with 3s or move over to 4s batts what size/C-Rating aswell. ????

Why the bloody hell does it tell me my battery voltage low under load (hard climb) even on fresh battery. Naza red light flashing but still 50-55% left. when finished flight (didnt mess to much with voltage alarm setting on nazza...Knocked first and second voltage lower by 0.2v..... May relate to previous question.

What props should I be using, Zaid said he's using 10 inch but couldn't remember it he was using 3s or 4s ??

Gain Ideas think got it nearly there, A bit of a wobble but not oscillations like to much tail gyro gain on a Heli.(about 180 pitch roll) ???

If makes difference prob will eventually what to put a camera on it. (got a mircro 4/3 camera 554gr don't know if would lift it) or its the go-pro route

Any way that's enough head pecking for now prob more to come and any help would be appreciated

Neil
    Neil
    Neil

RDMFC Bonus points : 120

Back to top Go down

Bought A toy Empty Re: Bought A toy

Post by Mark Barnes 2013-10-18, 09:01

Nice one Neil,

Couple of answers quickly for you

you want 3s 4000mah to 5000mah if your buying new minimum 25c but higher the better

10" props are for 3s

lipo voltage alarm takes loads off the battery, different lipo condition and C rating can have an effect, best stick to one make type and fine tune in the software until correct.

Gains is like witchcraft I don't have a clue I just get Andy to sort it.

Mark Barnes
    Mark Barnes
    Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2013-10-18, 10:17

Nice one Neil, another one in the club Smile

I would stick with 3s pack sif I were you. 4s gives you more power, but to use teh standard DJI motors, you would need to prop down to 9x5s or possibly even 8x4s. I fly mine on 3s 5Ah packs, but occasionally double up to a 3s 10Ah pack. With undercarriage and a goPro and Gimble, that gets me not far off 14 minutes in the air. Without the gimbal on, it is nearer 17min.

I would only really move over to 4s packs, if I was going to be doing a lot of aerobatic, and silly flying. The extra power is only really usable when flying in manual mode (In Atti and GPS modes, the max climb/descent and tilt angles are limited).

If you have the shiny 10" DJI props, they are pretty good really. The matt ones are a bit more susceptible to breaking, just be careful you don't overtighten the prop nuts.

Low voltage alarm thing (flashy red LED). This is the 1st stage voltage prtoection (basically a warning, the 2nd stage is descending). The Naza assistant allows you to change the parameters that this warning is triggered by. They do it in a bit of a funky way. They use two voltages, a pack voltage, and loaded voltage drop. So, if you set the voltage at (say) 10.8v, and the drop at 0.5v, then the red led will come on when the pack is at 10.3v under load (when flying) and/or 10.8v when sat idle. It is quite a powerful, if complicated, way of doing it For packs that are a bit shite, and drop a lot of voltage under load, you can increase the loaded voltage drop.

I always set mine up by flying the machine, landing when the red light comes on when hovering (not climbing). charge the pack, and see how much goes back in. Adjust the pack voltage down or up, until I get the red led flashing when there is about 20% left in the packs (so I put about 4000mAh back in a 5000mAh pack).

The other way to deal with it, is by way of a timer on your tx, and disable the low voltage protection Smile

Gains. These can be a bugger to set up well, and it can take bloody ages. They will be affected by payload, so you might need to tweak settings based on whether you are lofting a camera or not. The gains go as follows (In order of adjustment, IMHO)

Basic Pitch and Roll: Too high will see a fast (10Hz or so) oscillation when doing a fast climb, or a sharp stick input. To low will see a slow oscillation, or a really sluggish response.

Basic yaw: Too high = fast yaw oscillation, like a heli tail. too low = sluggish yaw response, and departure from a level hover after a sharp rudder input.

Basic vertical (altitude): When stopping from fast forward (or sideways) flight, the multi will climb or descend (make sure you keep the throttle at 50%) if this gain is out. It will also struggle to hold constant altitude when flying circuits, or figure eights. It's trial and error to get this one right, try increasing it, if it gets worse, go the other way!

Attitude Gains. These are the easy ones. In GPS and ATTI modes, these control how fast the multi responds to control inputs (and stabilises after letting go of control inputs). The higher the number, the faster it reacts. For arsing about, increase them. For filming and steady smooth flying, reduce them. (you can vary them in flight if you like).

It can be quite tricky getting te gains dialled in, because they do interact (especially the Yaw gain). What may appear to be a pitch or roll gain error, can often be down to a yaw gain error. Sometimes it is beneficial to fine tune gains in manual mode too. Give me a shout next time you are out with it, and I'll show you what to look out for (Much easier than writing and reading about it!).

Andy
    Andy Sayle
    Andy Sayle
    Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Barnes 2013-10-18, 11:48

pretty much what I said lol
    Mark Barnes
    Mark Barnes
    Club Secretary

RDMFC Bonus points : 8240

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 2013-10-18, 20:23

Thanks Andy & mark... Voltage alarms makes sense now & a few things to think and fiddle about just need some good weather now to have another play. And get some battery's ordered. Very Happy 
    Neil
    Neil

RDMFC Bonus points : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.p. 2014-02-05, 23:05

Very nice Neil. I was going to buy the 550, but I got a Phantom 2 vision at a really good price. I am very new to both this forum and Flying as well. But so far I can see 4 multi rota flyers here.
    Steve.p.
    Steve.p.

RDMFC Bonus points : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down