RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Membership Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Membership Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Membership Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Membership Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Membership Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Membership

3 posters

Go down

Membership Empty Membership

Post by Dodge D 2012-11-19, 17:23

Hello all!

I'm Dodge, and i've just moved to Colwyn Bay.
Originally from Manchester, however have lived in North Wales in years past.

Anywho, I am looking to join a new club at the start of the year when my membership expires on my current one, so was looking to pop down and have a chat / fly with you chaps sometime?

I have flown all-sorts, started out in gliding then onto faster things, shat myself with a ParkJet, then went back to the slower flyers! Big fan of micro flyers and currently updating my FPV gear after a nasty crash on the beach.

Can anyone point me in the direction of flying times/site, and would it be OK to fly using my current membership....when I can find it!
Also costs etc of joining the club

I'm a dab hand at repairs / mods and currently working on custom spraying.
Also, can set up a basic website, *Hint Hint*

Cheers!

Dodge

Dodge D

RDMFC Bonus points : 7

Back to top Go down

Membership Empty Re: Membership

Post by Guest 2012-11-19, 17:44

Hiya mate, welcome to the forum. Very Happy
Everyone is welcome to pop down any time.
The field is on the Abergele straights just outside Rhuddlan. At the moment the field is a bit muddy but if you see anyone there just come through the gate.
There's a couple of nights per week that we're indoors. One in llysfaen on a Tuesday night and the other is in Rhyl high schools sports hall on Saturdays 1 till 4.
It's around £5 to fly and as far as I'm aware, at the field you can have up to 3 days flying before you need to join.

You'll be in good company with your FPV setup as there's a couple of members that are into it, and there's all sorts of stuff buzzing round indoors.
Someone should be along shortly who could give you directions to the field and sports hall and with the current membership fee which renews at the end of December.

Regards.

Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Patrick 2012-11-19, 18:00

Hello Dodge!

Nice to 'meet' you. Well we're a pretty active group of modellers/flyers. Between us we fly just about anything and everything - gliders, fast things, scale things, helis, etc etc. We fly artfs, scratch builts, foamies, woodies, electric, glow, petrol etc etc. Indoor and outdoor. We have a very good strip near Rhuddlan/Abergele and a couple of indoor locations - one in Rhyl and the other at Llysfaen near Colwyn Bay. If you would like to come along to one or both of these you would be welcome. Just say so here and someone will give you times and directions. We also have a monthly club night in a pub in Rhuddlan - First Thursday of the month

As a prospective new member I'm sure our Membership Secretary will pick up on this and be back to you

Good luck till then!

Allan Patrick
Allan Patrick
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1842

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge D 2012-11-19, 18:15

Cheers for the Welcome Danny =]

Indoors as well!? Lucky me! Our club had a field surrounded by tall trees and an indoor section of a few steps! Will be lucky to get 3 days in, weather and work permitting! haha

Good to hear there are a few others in to the FPV, although its's booming, it seems hard to find club members actually doing it!
-

Cheers Allan!

Unfortunately I have just sold a lot of my models and transmitter (faulty Spektrum) due to moving. So will have to stock up on some indoor flyers again... approval from the missus pending...

I will no doubt drop a message when I am ready and set-up again! And if all being good drop by the pub one night!

Thanks all,

Dodge D

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Patrick 2012-11-19, 20:18

You could come along to one of the indoor meets as a spectator until you have built up your fleet
Allan Patrick
Allan Patrick
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge D 2012-12-22, 13:03

Hi again, still not heard anything about club fees for next year?

Also, would it be possible to come visit the field sometime?

Cheers

Dodge D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-12-22, 14:22

Hiya mate, the club yearly fee including BMFA insurance is £83 all in.
I'll send Richie a message and ask him to send you a PM on here to tell you how to get the membership form and get you sorted.
The field is still really muddy at the moment so not many have been going down.
We are back at the indoor venue on the 6th of jan from 1 till 4 so you're more than welcome to pop down. It's at Rhyl high school's leisure centre on Grange road in Rhyl.
I'll send our club secretary Rich a message now.

Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge D 2012-12-22, 14:26

Ah cheers!

How much for just Club fees? I will most likely be joining FPVUK for the insurance as this is how do most my flying.

Ah I can understand, its been terrible!
Brilliant, ill see if ive got anything micro to fly!

Cheers

Rog

Dodge D

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan Patrick 2012-12-22, 14:40

Hello again

Just sent you a PM...

Yes, the field has been suffering from the weather recently and its been a bit quiet with the approach of xmas. With any luck I'll get a chance between xmas and the new year and will drop you a line if I'm going

Don't miss our next club meeting on the 10th Jan!! At the Castle Inn in Rhuddlan

Allan Patrick
Allan Patrick
Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaidy 2012-12-22, 14:44

Welcome to the Forum Dodge.

Not sure if its any of interest to you, but there is a pre Xmas gliding season on the Great Orme tomorrow. Some club members are going and you are welcome to pop over and meet few of the lads members & non members. . They are promising 28mph Westerly wind
Twisted Evil

Zaidy
RDMFC Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 1827

http://Seahawkap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge D 2012-12-22, 15:14

Cheers Zaidy =]

Sounds damn good! Unfortunately I don't have the Blob anymore! Would of bee ace, might just strap some lead to the wing! =]

Dodge D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum