RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Controllers Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Controllers Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Controllers Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Controllers Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Controllers Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Controllers

2 posters

Go down

Controllers Empty Controllers

Post by Guest 2012-06-06, 21:24

I was looking to buy a DX8 (very good value from Inwoods) but I have decided to scale back to the DX7 or DX6i (save some money and upgrade as I need it).

Are there any differences I should be aware of from each model other than the number of channels? For which I do not need as I will have (when Marty gets back) a Disco ST and a WildThing (when I finish building it Shocked )

Amused by the costs on Fleabay of the DX6i which are going for more than the new price at Inwoods (£67 delivered)

Back to top Go down

Controllers Empty Re: Controllers

Post by Marty 2012-06-06, 22:52

I started with the DX6 about three years ago, I thought the memory for ten models would be ooddles! But Tim had other ideas! lol, I now have the DX7 which has a twenty model memory.
TBH, I think the DX 7 is a bit more complicated to set up the mixes with, and I was quite happy with my DX6, and it's still in the club somewhere.
The only reason I upgraded was someone was going from the DX7 to the DX8 and offered me the DX7 at a price I couldn't refuse.
I would say the DX6 would be fine to start with and at the moment I suspect the even the DX6 will have more features than you will need.
save you money for more batteries! lol
Marty
PS, I should be home Friday night, fingers crossed
Marty
Marty

RDMFC Bonus points : 1196

http://oddballcustomart.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Stubbsy 2012-06-07, 08:47

Ha ha...... Been watching a Thunder Tiger ehawk on Ebay, went for £140 plus postage, they are only 80 odd quid new! Laughing

Had the same dilemma two years ago, but went for the dx7 for the extra model memory!
Personal opinion if you are being pulled into sloping though would be the dx6i. You won't need all the features on the dx7, (only need a few channels) and as Marty says, spend your savings elsewhere!

Incidentally, a nice touch on the dx6i is a dedicated engine cut off button for IC engines, pain in the bottom to programme on the dx7!
Stubbsy
Stubbsy

RDMFC Bonus points : 1373

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-06-07, 17:56

Think I will go with DX6 and flog it on Ebay next year for more than I will pay Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum