RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Make sure your batteries are held in tightly!

Go down

Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty Make sure your batteries are held in tightly!

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-05-24, 11:02

Morning all.

Here's a top-tip for you all. make sure that your batteries are held down in your model nice and secrurely. I had a little premature ejection yesterday whilst flying my Funjet Smile It seems that a high speed inverted pullout, caused the velcro holding the battery in place to cease holding it in place. Luckily there was not too much damage, as the battery exited the airframe by knocking the canopy off. The plane floated down into the next field, the canopy landed just inside the club field, and the battery landed in front of the strip.

a wee bit of tape and glue, and the airframe is ready to go again (with a decent battery retaining strap this time!) and the now Banana shaped battery is living outside for a while to see if it is terminally damaged Smile

Thanks to everyone for pinpointed the battery for me Smile

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

RDMFC Bonus points : -487569788

Back to top Go down

Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty Re: Make sure your batteries are held in tightly!

Post by Guest 2010-05-24, 11:27

Looks like it didn't happen only to me Surprised
About 2 years ago - flying my Striker - after roll at max speed - my battery was ejected - canopy was glued into place with epoxy ..... didn't hold...
Lipo landed 15-20 m from me (3S 2500 mah - heavy HXT ....) with a loud WHACK
That was close - to close :/

Looked funny thoo - after realising what had happened - and still trying to control floating (??) piece of polistyren Laughing

Back to top Go down

Make sure your batteries are held in tightly! Empty Re: Make sure your batteries are held in tightly!

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-05-24, 11:44

The Jeti telemetry function was really useful for me, it was very prompt in telling me that it had lost signal with the receiver, and that the battery voltage was getting low.....

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-05-24, 12:28

Andy, Once is an accident! Twice is coincidence! Three times is deliberate! So, the next time we'll know that you really hate those poor little Li-po's and that you are really a closet engine head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sayle 2010-05-24, 12:38

Twice is indeed a coincidence Wink Funnily enough, the first time was on a Funjet too, except that one landed much further away, and the battery was never recovered. There were a few sheep looking decidly shocked, and I'm sure one had its eyes lit up a bit, in the vicinity of the crash site though....

Andy
Andy Sayle
Andy Sayle
Club Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-05-24, 14:37

Andy Sayle wrote:The Jeti telemetry function was really useful for me, it was very prompt in telling me that it had lost signal with the receiver, and that the battery voltage was getting low.....

Andy

Looks like this telemetry isn't perfect yet.

It should've said - You crashed - after you crashed - but it didn't Evil or Very Mad
What if somebody didn't noticed he crashed ? How would he know - I'm asking !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-05-24, 16:51

YEH, YEH, We all know why the sheep were looking shocked and the one with the lit up eyes couldn't run as fast as the others. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down