RDMFC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

RDMFC Social Media
RDMFC Facebook Page
Latest topics
» 2019 Llanfair TH Village Fete
Down thrust Empty2019-07-12, 18:53 by Rich

» Police crash
Down thrust Empty2019-04-14, 15:36 by Roy

» Bit of indoors
Down thrust Empty2019-04-13, 16:49 by Roy

» For Sale
Down thrust Empty2019-03-03, 23:44 by Charles E Cornes

» selling up finaly!
Down thrust Empty2019-02-10, 16:31 by melfyn

Saturday 7/7/18

2018-07-07, 21:07 by Gary M Jones

I was at the field today between 14:00 & 15:00 all on my own , good flying too. There is a dead sheep along the fence line towards the gate from the pits, I saw the farmer so reported this to her. I hope no one had plans for a BBQ Smile .

Farmer …

Comments: 1

Down thrust

2 posters

Go down

Down thrust Empty Down thrust

Post by Marty 2010-04-16, 16:45

I am experiencing an alarming climb rate on my easy glider on full throttle? power? mmm dunno, it's electric so I 'spose it's power ......
Tim just handles it by feeding in down elevator but I really, really don't like it the way it is!
I've just drawn up the motor mount with autocad and had a play with shims, if I add a 1mm shim (read washer) I can bring the thust line down by 7 degrees. is that a lot?
The plane really does climb like a balistic missile as it is!
Marty
Marty

RDMFC Bonus points : 1196

http://oddballcustomart.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Down thrust Empty Re: Down thrust

Post by Guest 2010-04-16, 18:25

It's normal for EG - unfortunetly.
You can try to mix throttle with elevator as well.
My friends tryied with even more degres - not big difference.
EG doesn't like powerfull motors , try to use slower prop than you have now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-04-16, 18:55

Here is picture how my friend managed to eliminate that problem - he flies with FPV stuff onboard and long distances Smile
Down thrust Bc0bd123eee172c4

At this angle problem with climbing was eliminated but - motor is where it is - didn't help with motor at the front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty 2010-04-16, 19:25

Thanks for that, I don't really want to alter too much as I wanna use it as a glider but I'm looking at also doing my "A" with it.
Marty
Marty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-04-16, 19:29

Appart from climbing problem it's an excellent glider - it will do "A" without you touching the sticks Very Happy
Have some play with differential ailerons, and mix some rudder to ailerons Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-04-16, 20:09

Give it a shot, im sure if all does come to the wors and it sucks it to the floor (which it shouldn't) it will bounce as it is only epp foam!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-04-16, 20:10

Give it a shot, im sure if all does come to the worst and it sucks it to the floor (which it shouldn't) it will bounce as it is only epp foam!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-04-16, 21:21

Hi Marty, I can appreciate that the " climbing under power" can be troublesome for a beginner - I know you have flown gliders before, but I think I am right in saying that power is new to you ? As I said on Tuesday, its not a "fault" as such ( although the EG does exel at it Down thrust Icon_cry ) and any aircraft will climb as speed increases - indeed the correct way to alter height is by changing power NOT pitch. Elevator controls speed due to the altered AOA, if you apply "down" elevator the model increases speed and vicky verky. As I suggested, you could, if you find it just too much, mix a little down elevator with high throttle, and also I found the model turned better with coupled rudder.....again an easy mix to set up but I would prefer you to just get used to applying rudder manually as needed - tis good practice.
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty 2010-04-17, 09:34

It's only the bullet like climb which is fazing me ..... it's a practice thang! Down thrust Icon_redface ..... Just need more time on the sticks (more batteries!).
Tim and I flew it during the week, the wind was across the strip (not good) and probably 8 - 10 knots but a little gusty (which for me was little problomatic) but we used to have a saying: "train hard, fight easy".
It's a good thing to push outside the comfort zone as thats the only way to progress. (and of course the reassurance of an instructor to recover things if it all goes pear shaped! Down thrust Icon_razz )
Marty
Marty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 2010-04-17, 09:35

PM just sent this second Down thrust Icon_smile
Tim
Tim
Committee Member

RDMFC Bonus points : 3235